Job DescriptionSalary: About Us
Fueled by a fundamental belief that forests are critical to mitigating climate change, Finite Carbon incentivizes the protection, restoration, and sustainable management of forests by connecting landowners to the global carbon market.
With a focus on scale, we have delivered more than $800 million to landowners who have made long-term commitments to sustainable forest management on more than 3 million acres since 2009. We aim to deliver a further $1 billion to landowners by 2030. Our recently announced web-based platform, CORE Carbon, leverages satellite data and machine learning to democratize the carbon market and empower small landowners, non-profits, and communities across the globe to receive payments for implementing forest practices that store carbon.
In November 2020, Finite Carbon became a bp Launchpad portfolio company, which gives us access to significant resources to support our ambitious growth plans. What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
- Support the project development team by learning and executing proprietary workflow processes embedded in GIS, growth and yield modeling, database management, and quantification of forest carbon offsets.
- Assist in the preparation of offset project data reports and verification documentation.
- Conduct feasibility studies to estimate project performance and valuation of forest carbon assets for new and existing clients.
- Assist with forest carbon inventory design.
- Travel occasionally and when necessary to project sites, team training meetings, and /or conferences.
Benefits and Perks
- Minimum of 1-2 years in forestry consulting or forest products industry, or related experience dealing with forest operations and timber management, such as timber sale administration
- Minimum of 1-2 years of timber cruising and inventory design
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience related to carbon offset standards and protocols and/or carbon markets
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines
- Advanced user of MS Excel and MS Access for inventory data management
- ESRI ArcMap for GIS analysis experience
- Experience or familiarity with FVS and/or Remsoft
- Proficiency with Python programming language is a plus, but not required
- Proficiency with R statistical software for GIS processing tasks is a plus, but not required
- Forester credential including state licensure and/or SAF Certified Forester or Association of Consulting Foresters membership preferred
- Competitive Pay
- 100% monthly medical premium paid for you and your dependents
- Dental, Life insurance, Vision, Short-term, & Long-term Disability, 401(k)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible schedule
- WFH set-up budget
- Annual in-person company meeting
Please note: While location is flexible, preference will be given to candidates who are local or those who can relocate to Portland, OR or Tallahassee, FL.
Finite Carbon is an equal opportunity employer. At Finite Carbon, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Finite Carbon believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.