Research Associate II, In Vivo Biology
at Voyager Therapeutics
We are Voyager Therapeutics, a pre-clinical stage biotech compelled by curiosity and powered by persistence. Voyagers are bold innovators who are energized in unlocking the full potential of AAV gene therapy employing our TRACERTM capsid discovery platform. Our resolve is to advance the field of AAV gene therapy, and through our innovative capsids, we are extending the reach and impact of our technology to help more patients in need.
Recognizing that we can expand on the experience, innovation, and outcomes that propel our efforts by working together, we actively seek diverse views. If youre someone who wants to make discoveries that change the landscape of medicine for patients, we want you on our team!
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated biologist to contribute to our biochemical and in vivo research team at our facility in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This is an ideal position for an individual with a background in vivo biology and biochemical methods, who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary small biotech environment. The individual will work at the bench on multiple projects and be responsible for experimental execution and data analysis for research studies supporting therapeutic programs and platform discovery research. We are looking for prior hands-on experience with protein purification, ELISA, western blot, mouse handling, perfusion and tissue collection.
- Support of rodent in vivo experiments, animal handling, and test article dosing via various administration routes (IP, IM, IV etc.). Experience with stereotactic brain surgery is preferred
- Rodent perfusion, necropsy, dissection, and tissue collection including serum & CSF collection
- Ex vivo tissue analysis (tissue processing, protein purification, ELISA, western blot, RT-qPCR, etc.) and independent data analyses
- Closely collaborate with research scientist to execute in vivo studies utilizing rodent models to support AAV-based gene therapy research and development for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Perform biochemical and tissue-based assays to support project development and target validation
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology or related discipline
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of hands-on experience with biochemical and in vivo techniques including tissues processing, protein purification, ELISA, Western blot, mouse handling, perfusion and tissue collections
- Can independently manage and troubleshoot small and large rodent studies for in vivo and ex vivo endpoints. Hands-on experience with rodent handling, tissue dissection and data analysis
- Experience with design, documentation, and execution of experiments
- Ability to be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment
- Scientific and team-directed communication skills
- Must be organized and efficient in processing samples and performing analyses on a consistent schedule
- Experience with animal handling
- Experience on cross-functional therapeutic program teams
- Experience within a start-up or small biotech environment
Voyager Therapeutics requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. Voyager Therapeutics will consider reasonable accommodations as required by federal, state, and local laws.