Additional Locations: Not applicable
Primary Locations: OH, Kent, 295 S. Water Street, 3rd Floor, 44240
Requisition ID: 172774
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Environmental Technician to our passionate team of environmental professionals.
The Environmental Technician will provide our government, utility, commercial and not-for-profit clients with the services and solutions needed to efficiently and effectively manage natural resources, comply with policies and obtain regulatory permits. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
* Understanding the contract needs and specifications of clients and their customers and develop appropriate solutions.
* Inspect a wide range of habitats, both natural and disturbed, and assess their condition, health and functionality according to client specifications.
* Identify local species, understand their typical characteristics and recognize common diseases and pests
Education and Qualifications:
An individual must be able to perform each essential job duty consistently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Two to four year degree in Biology, Botany, Ecology, Forestry, Horticulture, Hydrology, Soil Science, Zoology or related discipline or equivalent experience in a similar position.
* Driver's license and clean driving record are required, a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) may be required by project.
* Natural resource consulting experience preferred.
What We Offer:*
* Paid time off and paid holidays.
* Opportunities for advancement.
* All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
* Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
* Group Health Plan.
* Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
* Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
* Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
* The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
* Charitable matching gift program.
* All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Davey is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers all qualified employees and applicants for all positions regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law. It is our mandate that all matters related to the terms and conditions of employment and all treatment on the job be free of discrimination. In addition, harassment based on any protected characteristic is strictly prohibited.
To preview Davey's relevant EO/AA plan, please submit a written request to: The Davey Tree Expert Company, Attn: HR, 1500 N. Mantua Street, Kent, Ohio 44240.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law - English | Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement - English | Spanish
Right to Work - English | Spanish
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Horticulture, Agriculture