Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years. Job Description
The overall objective of the QC Microbiology Technician for Eurofins Abraxis Culture Media is to perform quality control testing on microbiological culture media. The successful candidate will have responsibility for testing and releasing raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods. This role will also be responsible for carrying out equipment calibration and verification in the QC lab and production environment. Responsibilities for this role include:
1. Perform routine testing of raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods to ensure that products are meeting specifications. Testing includes, but is not limited to, pH, sterility, and growth promotion.
2. Maintain optimal inventory of QC lab supplies and organisms
3. Perform equipment calibration or verification as scheduled, or assist in scheduling third-party service contractors to perform calibration.
4. Review production worksheets and QC data to ensure all product and process specifications are met
5. Document non-conformances and deviations
6. Perform testing to troubleshoot non-conforming product
7. Perform in-process inspections and investigations in support of manufacturing, perform environmental monitoring as required
8. Create lot-specific Certificates of Analysis based on QC test results
9. Carry out new product testing as part of design and development and technology transfer of new products
10. Perform stability testing/ shelf life studies
11. Adhere to all organizational SOPs
12. Assist Quality Manager in implementation of the Quality Management System, including assisting in performing internal audits and helping with third-party audits
13. Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelors degree in Microbiology or a related discipline and 1-3 years of microbiology laboratory experience.
• Possess a thorough understanding of microbiology lab methods, aseptic technique, and media preparation and sterilization
• An understanding of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 is preferred
• Work independently with minimal supervision, exercising good judgement
• Ability to work sitting or standing for long periods of time
• Able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment
• Able to work occasional evenings or weekends as required
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship Additional Information Schedule:
8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, Full Time. Candidates leaving in commutable distance to Warminster, PA or willing to relocate are encouraged to apply. Excellent full time benefits including
Our top priority is the health and safety of our employees. You will be briefed on all of our Covid-19 measures and processes in place that are followed through-roughly to make sure the safety of our teammates and operations.
- Comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
(**Relocation expenses are not covered by the organization.)
Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.