is seeking an experienced Senior Biologist or Wetland Ecologist Project Manager
with consulting experience to play a key role in implementing our existing compliance programs in Southern California. The ideal candidate will have served as a senior leader and has a track record of high quality outputs, team building and excellent client communication skills and responsiveness. Business Development will not be required at the onset of this role. The role will be predominantly remote with minimal field work. This is a full-time, fixed-term role with a duration of 1 year and the possibility of renewal.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to coordinating biological field teams and managing pole/tree contractor expectations
- Support Program Managers with management of staff, load levelling, process improvements, metrics tracking
- Serve in roles ranging from lead technical expert to QA/QC.
- Achieve client's expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and public agencies.
- BS or MS in biology, wetland science, plant ecology or similar field with experience pertaining to a specialized biological training or field.
- At least 7 years of consulting experience that involves oversight, coordination, QA/QC, technical writing, advanced survey design, impact assessment and multi-media permitting.
- Solid grasp of the key biological or wetland ecology impact assessment and management issues within the public utility sector, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices.
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations.
- Well-developed team building and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
- Expertise and experience in both biology and wetland ecology preferred.