As the Air Consulting Group Leader for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) in Houston, or Corpus Christi, TX you will develop and direct a group of environmental specialists/experts providing air permitting and environmental regulatory compliance programs for private-sector clients delivering comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in refining, renewable energy, oil & gas, petrochcemical, transportation, and manufacturing industries. CEC maintains a small company culture with larger company resources that it uses to support its entrepreneurial efforts. As the air practice lead, you will direct a range of air permitting projects and onsite consulting efforts, develop business development strategies to bring in new clients and leverage existing petrochemical, refining, oil and gas, and other heavy manufacturing clients. You will identify, hire, and then mentor junior and mid-level staff and will direct and conduct technical work and reviews.
Looking for a challenge? Have the passion to create something special and have some fun doing it? CEC is growing and expanding! Never heard of us? Join us and help change that. We are growing and expanding into the Gulf Coast and are looking for a leader who is passionate about growing an air practice in Texas.Qualifications
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- BS in engineering (e.g., chemical or environmental), environmental science, or related degree; advanced degree a plus.
- P.E. in Texas preferred for engineer candidates.
- At least 7-10+ years of relevant experience in air permitting and air quality compliance; ESG experience a plus.
- Consulting/industry experience for the petrochemical, refining, oil & gas industry, and heavy manufacturing industries.
- Experience with air permitting and compliance in Texas a must, other states a plus.
- Established relationships with Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
- Exceptional communication, strategic thinking, negotiation, and presentation skills.
Here's What We'd Like to See:
- Responsible for growing the Air Emissions Services Consulting Practice.
- Identify, recruit, and hire CEC personnel in the region based upon market conditions.
- Interact with CEC personnel responsible for leading efforts with existing clients.
- Lead and coordinate outreach teams and activities to new target clients.
- Lead project teams and staff in the day-to-day operation and growth of CEC Texas Air Consulting business by providing technical direction and performing client outreach to develop new business opportunities.
- Lead and mentor project managers on strategic pursuits, including proposal development and client meetings.
- Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
About UsCivil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is consistently ranked as an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design Firm, offering big firm opportunities with a small firm culture .
- Passion to create and lead.
- Established reputation / recognition as a technical expert in air quality services in Texas.
- Experience in business development for air quality/regulatory compliance projects, with the ability to contribute to new sales.
We help you develop professionally, You will work on diverse projects while providing high quality service to our clients. We provide a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus for all employees, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability and tuition assistance. Join our team where your contribution matters.
CEC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Company DescriptionCivil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. is an engineering and environmental consulting firm with more than 1,100 team members and 29 offices nationwide. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, CEC is consistently ranked among the top firms on Engineering News-Record's annual lists of the Top Design Firms and Top Environmental Firms.
A culture of accountability. We own it.®
At CEC, every member of our team has a personal stake in ensuring the success of our clients. Their success is our success. As employee-owners of the firm, we are all personally accountable for building lasting relationships and delivering outstanding results. Because we don't just work at CEC. We own it.