you could join a rapidly growing company and play a critical role in bringing new medicines to patients through looking at and treating disease in a revolutionary way. What this position is all about
: Cellarity is seeking a highly motivated ML Scientist to be a part of our trail blazing computational biology teamwith deep expertise in single-cell omics, pathway enrichment analysis, and application of machine learning approaches. You will develop analytical tools to predict the toxicity of novel molecules modulating cellular behavior changes. You will work closely with the Computational Biology and Drug Discovery Program teams and collaborate cross-functionally within Cellarity. Ideally, you are results-oriented, have excellent communication skills, and eager to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. What you would be responsible for:
What experiences will you need:
- Leverage computational biology (single-cell omics, disease biology, pathway enrichment analysis) and machine learning prediction techniques to model disease-related signatures and generate insights on mechanisms of action and drug toxicity.
- Develop robust pipelines to process and analyze perturbed gene expression datasets.
- Establish integrative data and knowledge-driven methodologies to analyze omics datasets and bridge lower-level cell behavior modeling and higher-level knowledge for reasoning.
- Collaborate with scientists from other disciplines such as Biology and Chemistry teams as part of the wider drug discovery project team.
- Master's or Ph.D within Computational Biology or related disciplines.
- Extensive experience in analysis of bulk and single-cell omics data.
- Extensive experience in Python, sklearn, pandas, numpy, and Pytorch/TF.
- Experience in developing and interpreting Machine Learning models, such as Linear/Logistic Regression and XGBoost.
- Strong knowledge of pathway enrichment, differential expression analysis, and cell type annotation.
What sets you apart:
- Ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams with an emphasis on collaboration and communication across the department.
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience with emphasis on drug toxicity and pathway enrichment projects.
- Demonstrated mastery of modern computational analysis of omics datasets and development of Machine Learning workflows.
- A passion for deriving novel scientific trajectories that break the boundaries of common drug discovery approaches.
What it's like to work at Cellarity
- Strong oral and written communication skills, collaboration, and time-management skills.
At Cellarity, we Push Boundaries: we create a legacy with breakthrough science in the service of patients Act with urgency: we work quickly and with conviction, and are eager to learn from data to iterate Own it: We transcend our job descriptions and relentlessly follow through on our commitments Tell it like it is: We give regular feedback on behaviors and are accountable for how we treat people Energize others: we are easy to work with and build strength from differing perspectives Company Summary:
Cellarity's mission is to bring breakthrough medicines to patients by completely redefining the way drugs are discovered. Founded by Flagship Pioneering in 2017, Cellarity is designing medicines against the cell as opposed to a single molecular target. The company has developed a unique combination of expertise across network biology, chemistry, high-resolution data, and machine learning to unlock new treatment options in a vast array of disease areas. Cellarity currently has drug discovery programs underway in metabolic disease, hematology, immuno-oncology and respiratory disease. The company has raised $123 million as part of a Series B funding round with contributions from world renown investors such as Blackrock, The Baupost Group, Banque Pictet, alongside Flagship Pioneering.
Cellarity is committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Recruitment & Staffing Agencies
: Cellarity does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Cellarity or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Cellarity's internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Cellarity, and Cellarity will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.