Research Associate (Biology) - BB50627-1
Seattle, WA 98109
The Genetic Engineering group is seeking an enthusiastic Research Associate to execute analytical methods in support of engineered T-cell programs. The ideal candidate has a suitable skill set and knowledge in molecular biology and analytical assay development and is excited to take on new challenges in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Design, optimize, and execute analytical methods for characterizing on-target and off-target genome modifications in engineered T cells.
• Qualify, transfer, validate related analytical methods including training of additional operators
• Design and execute experiments as needed including sample testing
• Prepare and manage critical reagent inventory
• Collaborate with others to handle day to day operation of the laboratory to ensure smooth operation.
• Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notebook and author technical and regulatory documents.
• Present experimental data in internal or external meetings.
• B.S. in Molecular Biology or other related biological science disciplines with experience in molecular biology-related studies, or MS in molecular biology or related fields.
• Skillful with molecular biology techniques (construct design and cloning, primer/probe design, qPCR, RT-PCR) and cell manipulation (transfection and transduction).
• Ability to carefully follow existing methods and SOPs and ability to design experiments of higher complexity.
• Ability to generate meticulous experimental record, study report, SOP, and other documents.
• Strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and integrity.
• Strong time management skills with the capacity to prioritize work from multiple projects to meet deadlines.
• Working knowledge of electronic laboratory notebook software and DNA analysis software for primer/probe design
• Experience with droplet digital PCR (ddPCR)
TechData is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.