Job DescriptionJob Title: Environmental, Health & Safety ManagerNormally Reports to: Director of Environment, Health & Safety Job Objective
: Works with and through management, to ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures and to assist in the achievement of profitability/productivity requirements.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the essential job functions described below, all associates will perform duties as requested by management. Assigned responsibilities and duties may vary based upon location size and operation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Creates and implements corporate Environmental, Health and Safety Programs
- Create internal audit protocol
- Oversee 3rd Party Qualifiers, create and implement workflow for these qualifiers.
- Manage all offsite incidents including; reporting, root cause analysis, corrective action implementation and insurance management.
- Create and implement offsite safety requirements for corporation
- Work with facilities to develop a safety culture where hazards are identified and addressed proactively.
- Ensure regulatory compliance (OSHA, EPA, DOT)
- Participate and help drive the RelaDyne Driver Ambassador Program
- Conducts site audits to determine potential gaps ins safety, security and regulatory requirements.
- Oversight of DISA drug testing and FMCSA Clearinghouse.
- Conducts safety champion and other required meetings.
- Works with environmental consultant to maintain compliance and advise facilities of budget.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service
- Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures.
- Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company.
- Advises Safety Director on gaps in compliance and training.
- Maintains confidentiality of personnel and safety records.
- Travel up to 30% of the time.
- At least five years ‘experience and/or training in OSHA, DOT and EPA regulatory compliance, or equivalent combination of education
- Degree required
- Excellent Computer skills, proficient in Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have a valid current driver's license
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Insure regulatory agency compliance
- DOT/EPA compliance
- Drug and Alcohol random compliance
- Environmental permits and reports
- Insure all associates receive mandated regulatory agencies, company, and client training
- Site/job specific