The EHS Manager reports to the Human Resources Manager and is responsible for all safety and environmental functions at the plant including risk assessments relative to continuous improvement /cost savings initiatives.
Principle Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
· Maintains a current knowledge of applicable environmental, health and safety legislation and guidelines.
· Advises management on practices and strategies to meet legislative requirements.
· Co-chairs the EHS steering committee and directs member activities.
· Ensures that EHS issues are addressed by managers, supervisors and project teams who are making decisions regarding manufacturing processes, equipment, systems and materials.
· Conducts EHS audits and inspections, prepares reports, and takes follow-up action concerning safety violations.
· Receives incident reports, conducts investigations and facilitates appropriate follow-up action to address problems.
· Assesses costs to the company from EHS incidents and reports to management to facilitate decision-making.
· Collects and reports on data on EHS measures to ensure awareness of safety, health and environmental hazards among all employees and encourage safe work practices.
· Writes and maintains the workplace EHS manual and ensures it is properly accessible to all employees.
· Conducts employee training on workplace EHS in coordination with departmental supervision on applicable legislation and other topics.
· Maintains substance fact sheets and inventories of hazardous materials.
· Evaluates possible consequences of EHS risks and recommends solutions to mitigate them.
· Facilitate activities to achieve EHS targets set and agreed upon by Leadership Team and Business Unit.
· Responsible to seek and /or accept tasks stretching themselves within or outside their functional work team.
· Other duties as assigned.
Company DescriptionOur Mission Is To Maintain Leadership In Our Industry By Providing Our Customers With Superior Quality Products And Services On Time, At Competitive Prices.
We Will Accomplish This By The Process Of Continuous Improvement, Involving All Of Our Employees, And Providing A Safe, Clean And Creative Work Environment.
As an industry leader in contract packaging and supply chain management, QPSI has served the consumer goods and pharmaceutical industries with excellence for over 40 years.
QPSI's seamless and streamlined approach accelerates speed to market, eliminates waste and touch points throughout the supply chain and helps our customers achieve their business goals.