Program Director I, Regional Business Accelerator
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will find the contact information to request the appropriate accommodation by visiting the following page:
Program Director I, Regional Business Accelerator
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe's work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing...when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.Program Overview:
The Impulsa Tu Empresa project aims to help small and growing businesses boost their growth through mentoring and business training. This regional business accelerator program is a three-year initiative to promote inclusive economic growth by strengthening the business performance of over 1,000 Small and growing businesses in Guatemala, El Salvador, and Colombia. The program strengthens entrepreneurs' business management skills, improves access to markets, increases access to finance, and improves the entrepreneurial ecosystem in which small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) operate. The program also partners with a top US academic institution to test innovative approaches of a business accelerator and identify and share best practices with relevant stakeholders in the target ecosystems.
This regional business accelerator program is a three-year initiative to promote inclusive economic growth by strengthening the business performance of over 1,000 SMBs in Guatemala, El Salvador, and Colombia. The program strengthens entrepreneurs' business management skills, improve access to markets, increase access to finance, and improve the entrepreneurial ecosystem in which SMBs operate. The program also partners with a top US academic institution to test innovative approaches of a business accelerator and identify and share best practices with relevant stakeholders in the target ecosystems.TechnoServe is seeking a Program Director to
provide strategic guidance, leadership, management, and general oversight of the program.Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic guidance, leadership, management, and general oversight of the program
- Serve as the primary liaison with the main donor and the counterparts, and all stakeholders involved with the program
- Lead business development initiatives to attract new partners into the program
- Supervise implementation teams in three countries
- Ensure that program outcomes and deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and in compliance with the donors and TechnoServe reporting requirements
- Identify issues and risks related to implementation in a timely manner, suggesting appropriate program adjustments
- Serve as spokesperson for the program and presenting its work regionally/globally
- Advises managers and teams on new approaches that sustain project quality or delivery; Builds collaborative networks with clients to assess performance and anticipate needs.
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years of relevant experience or a Master's Degree with 7 years of relevant experience in business administration, economics, marketing or related discipline, or private sector or development programs, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of proven management experience, ideally in regional initiatives
- Experience with entrepreneurship and business accelerator programs for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Latin American countries
- Spanish and English FluencyTravel
- 25% - 30% international travelKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
Supervisory Responsibilities -
- Strong analytical skills to use program monitoring and evaluation data to inform decision making
- Solid technology skills to guarantee the quality of implementation of a remote advisory service component and improve the program's online platform
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and ability to effectively motivate and manage teams remotely in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks and activities
- Ability to develop well written, cohesive analyses and reports
4 Direct Reports (3 country coordinators and a MEL regional manager).The role will report to the Vice President, Latin America & the Caribbean.Note: We will only accept applications with cover letters and applications need to be submitted in English.
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe's vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact the Human Resources at email@example.com or call +1 202 785 4515.
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.