You are a motivated and engaged ESG professional, understanding the role it plays in influencing organizations and generating positive impact on people, society and the planet. You have the ability to influence and can communicate clearly and effectively translating complex concepts for a range of audiences. You are an ESG expert with a deep understanding of corporate sustainability and how it can generate value for multiple stakeholders. You have deep experience across multiple reporting standards, frameworks, best practices and evolving market trends.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Deliver the company's ESG strategy to obtain solid ESG performance across key reporting frameworks and rankings.
- Support the Company in our efforts to engage key stakeholders, including investors, to raise awareness and understanding of LYB's ESG strategy and performance.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders (e.g., businesses, operations, Investor Relations, Corporate Finance, Legal, Sourcing & Procurement, Government Affairs, and Sustainability, among others) to advise, implement, and track progress, improve controls on ESG related metrics, goals, and performance measures.
- Have deep experience in and knowledge of ESG assessments such as MSCI, ISS, Sustainalytics, CSA and CDP to guide our ESG strategy and roadmap in order to provide expertise to deliver our ESG strategy
- Have strong project management experience to execute ESG responses that are delivered in a timely, accurate manner.
- Understand emerging global and regional ESG, climate change, and sustainability related trends to manage ESG strategy on a range of topics.
- Implement an ESG reporting software platform for collecting, storing, validating, and distributing ESG and sustainability data and content for reporting and responding to key stakeholder requests as required.
- Partner with Corporate Communications and Sustainability groups in support of the delivery of the Sustainability Report, ESG data and other reports as requested by the Company's internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, sustainability, law, policy, finance or related discipline.
- Advanced University degree in related discipline an advantage but not required.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience working in sustainability, ESG, legal or public policy fields.
- Proven experience in delivering ESG reporting for listed companies.
- Proven track record leading global projects with high levels of complexity.
- Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute.
- Experience coordinating large projects across a large number of stakeholders with differing interests.
- Ability to deliver in ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Strong process and systems experience
- Stakeholder oriented and proven ability to deliver results and maintain focus despite varied interests
- Ensures accountability for cross-functional projects
- Collaborates within and across teams to inspire and advance projects
- Strong customer focus
- Entrepreneurial and resilient mindset
• Collaboration skills and the ability to complete projects with multiple objectives and stakeholders along with ability to work across diverse cultures.
• Collaborative and team-oriented, Self-motivated, and highly organized, thrives in a dynamic environment
- English required. Additional languages a benefit.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.Nearest Major Market: