Job DescriptionSalary: Title: Senior Planner/Biologist Location: Seattle, WARequired Education: Bachelors Skills: 5+ years of experience in environmental permitting and biologyWho Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that is focused on improving the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is for a growing company that is our clients' first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees' first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company-in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set. Learn more about Anchor QEA at www.anchorqea.comWhat's the Opportunity?
Anchor QEA is seeking a full-time Environmental Planner for one of our offices in Washington (Bellingham, Seattle, or Tacoma). The position may also require some travel to participate in client meetings, public meetings, stakeholder work groups, fieldwork, or site visits. The Environmental Planner will have more than 5 years of experience performing environmental review and collaborative science- and policy-based planning for a variety of natural and built resource projects. This includes demonstrated experience conducting regulatory and ecological analyses in support of federal and/or state environmental policy acts (NEPA/SEPA); preparing permit applications and other technical documents in support of federal, state, and local environmental regulations; developing and reviewing documents, status reports, and deliverables; and completing quality control review of documents. We are interested in a candidate who is a quick learner, detail-orientated, and a committed team player who possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in environmental permitting and biology. Skills include:
What Are We Looking For?
- Leading and reviewing SEPA and/or NEPA documentation for public or private institutions
- Developing and implementing environmental compliance strategies and preparing documentation related to compliance with federal, state, and local environmental permitting
- Experience with critical areas regulations, including wetlands and streams and related understanding of field applications and impacts evaluation
- Managing tasks or projects, including overseeing small project or field teams
- Developing and managing scopes, schedules, budgets
- Interfacing with clients, agencies, other consultants, and the public
Ideal candidates will have the following:
What Can You Expect?
- Bachelor's degree
- Experienced in developing environmental documentation related to SEPA and/or NEPA compliance
- Experienced in completing environmental permit applications and supporting analyses
- Training or professional certification in wetland science and stream functional assessments
- Excellent written and verbal communication
A collaborative work environment where we encourage everyone to bring their authentic self. We offer a competitive salary; bonus program; medical, dental and vision coverage, short- and long-term disability programs; flexible schedules; a retirement plan with company match; and paid time off. How to Apply?
Apply online through Anchor QEA's Open Positions page at https://www.anchorqea.com/careers/careers-open-positions/. Veterans are encouraged to apply.Additional Information
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.