At Constellation, a freshly independent and soon-to-be Fortune 200 company, we're providing the energy and services to transform our future. Combining next generation technologies and product offerings with the country's lowest carbon generating fleet, our company is purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis.
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now we're speeding delivery of low-carbon or no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals. Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22 percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career.
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and much more.
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future. Energize your career with Constellation.JOB TYPE: Primarily Remote
with occasional team meetings in Baltimore, MD. Candidates should be based in the eastern timezone.PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Principal Analyst, Clean Energy Policy will be responsible for tracking, analyzing, and modeling environmental and clean energy policy developments that affect power markets and energy-adjacent sectors. Analyzing EPA regulatory proposals and emerging voluntary and compliance markets for environmental attributes and emissions allowances will be an area of focus. The Principal Analyst, Clean Energy Policy will develop forecasts and market projections to support Constellation's policy and sustainability initiatives as well as day-to-day commercial activities. This role will collaborate with teams across the company including Market Fundamentals, Structuring, Corporate and Commercial Strategy, Portfolio Management, Origination and Trading, Risk, Retail, and Constellation's internal venture capital group. The ability to effectively communicate complex issues to a variety of internal and external audiences will be critical.PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Track, analyze, and model the impacts of existing and proposed regulatory and legislative initiatives using a variety of analytical techniques (50%)
- Enhance Constellation's internal analytical capabilities (20%)
- Communicate implications of regulatory, legislative, and public policy initiatives (20%)
- Support outreach campaigns to secure support for Constellation positions on matters of significant strategic or commercial value (10%)
Position reports to the Director, Clean Energy PolicyQualificationsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in data science/analytics, physics, math, engineering, economics, political science, public policy, or related field
- 8 years of professional experience in energy or financial markets, environmental policy analysis, economic forecasting, or similar disciplines
- Familiarity with production cost modeling and broader concepts in linear optimization
- Ability to manage, synthesize, and identify trends in large datasets, conversant in basic statistical analysis
- Experience with SQL and working with relational databases
- Experience working with Python and/or R
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfort working with abstract concepts
- Experience with production cost models such as PLEXOS, Aurora, PROMOD, the Integrated Planning Model (IPM), or similar
- Knowledge of commodities trading concepts
- Advanced degree in data science/analytics, physics, math, engineering, economics, political science, public policy, or related field
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Associated topics: foreign affairs, government, legislative, policy, political science, politics, public affairs, rights