Research Assistant, Microbiology Laboratory Research Location:
Danville, Pennsylvania Job Category:
Research Staff, Lab Schedule:
Days Work Type:
Full time Department:
Microbiology Laboratory Research Division Date Posted:
08/31/2022 Job ID:
Job Summary Supports the conduct of research studies, research projects and related administrative tasks, under supervision.
- Assists in day-to-day project activities such as maintaining study documentation, attending and documenting study meetings, etc.
- Conducts data entry and manages computer databases used for data collection.
- Conducts literature searches and fact-finding research to support project development.
- Assists with data collection and data analysis.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of study documents.
- Develops a working knowledge of study protocols.
- Prepares and maintains regulatory documents according to governmental regulations and sponsor requirements.
- Assists with subject visits including obtaining vital signs, performing clinical tests, collecting clinical samples, and data collection.
- Performs recruitment tasks including database searches, patient recruitment calls, recruitment letters, and informed consent discussions.
- Navigates, performs data searches, and schedules appointments.
- Assists with grant submissions and grant funding opportunities and participating in pre-award grant process, as applicable.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Education Bachelor's Degree-Related Field of Study (Required)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.