If you care about the environment and want to do work that improves our planet, consider joining our team as an Environmental Scientist! For almost 50 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized leader delivering nationwide Environmental Solutions and we're proud of our stellar safety programs and records. We're a unique mix of expertise & strong tenured employees in the following servicesEnvironmental Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response, and Waste Management for a mixed portfolio of Federal, State, Municipal, & Industrial/Commercial clients.
Bay West is seeking to grow our Regulated Materials Assessment services by adding an Environmental Scientist/Asbestos Inspector to our team. This position will work on-site at project/client facilities performing asbestos bulk, lead and PCB caulk sampling. The ideal candidate must have the ability to assess the condition of building materials and quantify regulated materials. The job requires destructive sampling inside wall cavities and above ceilings to locate hidden regulated materials.
Ideal candidate must be able to perform the following responsibilities:
* Conduct pre-demolition/renovation building surveys.
* Develop summaries, generate photographic logs, and input field work documentation.
* Actively participate on the Emergency Response (ER) team - one week of being on-call 24/7 every six to eight weeks.
* Pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and physical exam.
* Must be comfortable and able to work while wearing Level A, B, and C Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which includes a full-face respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) along with Tyvek and Saranex suits.
* Routinely lift and carry 50 pounds.
* Must hold a current Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) certified asbestos inspector license.
* Previous general labor working experience.
* Able to work at elevated heights.
* Valid driver's license.
* Occasionally the position may require working evenings, weekends and extended out of town working assignments.
* Two to three years of experience conducting pre-demolition/renovation surveys.
* 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Certification and/or up to date on 8-hour refresher preferred, not required. If you do not currently have the OSHA HAZWOPER Certification Bay West will cover the cost for the chosen candidate.
* MDH certified asbestos site supervisor.
* Experience with air monitoring or have NIOSH 582 equivalency course training.
* Previous experience and chemical safety knowledge of cleaning chemicals, detergents, flammable solvents, acids and bases as well as other hazardous substances and wastes.
Bay West offers its valued employees:
* Employer subsidized medical, health savings account and dental plan.
* Employer paid vacation time, sick time, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage.
* Additional benefit options including 401(k) plan, vision coverage, supplemental life insurance, critical illness and accident coverage, dependent care and healthcare flexible spending accounts.
* Support and encouragement to obtain additional credentials and certifications.
* Culture that empowers all employees to stop a job - we walk the safety talk!
* Competitive wages and individual consideration as your expertise and responsibilities expand.
* Business casual environment with great co-workers.
Bay West is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.