At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.Associate Director EOHSS Environmental - New Brunswick
The primary focus of this role is to support Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) as the Associate Director of EOHSS for the New Brunswick Facility within the Department of Environmental, Occupational Health, Safety and Sustainability (EOHSS). This position reports to the Director of EOHSS for the new Brunswick site and will work closely with the Environmental Center of Excellence. The individual in this role will be responsible for leading the company's environmental, occupational health, safety, and sustainability (EOHSS) efforts within the New Brunswick Facility to drive long-term company and stakeholder value. The position will develop, plan, organize, and execute EOHSS programs, policies, procedures, and training to maintain a safe, health, and environmental compliant facility. This position plays a key role in aligning corporate and local policies and procedures and will enable and foster a proactive and integrated EOHSS culture that promotes a positive, proactive approach throughout all operations.
The Associate Director of EOHSS for the New Brunswick site will advocate, coach, coordinate, implement, assess, and improve environmental, safety, occupational health, sustainability outcomes using global and local regulations and consensus guides, BMS management systems, policies, and procedures to promote compliant, forward-leaning culture and preserve BMS reputation while driving shared Company objectives. The associate director will be expected to approach the coordination of these tasks in alignment with the BMS values of integrity, inclusion, passion, innovation, urgency, and accountability. Major Duties:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, safety, medical surveillance and sustainability laws, regulations, codes, rules, and consensus guides.
- Develop and implement new EOHSS programs, policies, and procedures and update and improve existing ones.
- Provide applicable regulatory and technical practical guidance and execute programs, policies, procedures, and trainings as the subject matter expert for environment regulatory compliance programs including but not limited to, site remediation, stormwater, wastewater, groundwater discharges, drinking water, external noise, solid and hazardous waste, tank storage/Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasures (SPCC), air emissions (Title V), and ozone depleting substances.
- Investigates causes of industrial accidents and/or injuries to develop solutions to minimize or prevent recurrence.
- Execute Management of Change (MOC) program for EOHSS to include EOHSS Impact Assessments and Change Requests.
- Participates in EOHSS operational and tier discussions, EOHSS committees and teams; and EOHSS self-assessments, inspections, GEMBAs, and audits.
- Review and ensure accurate and complete resolution of issues as they arise and escalates concerns, resource constraints, needs, with urgency to appropriate leaders in the organization.
- Stops operations and activities that could harm the environment, workforce, or facilities.
- Utilize and manage site platforms for investigations, reporting, inspection, and other management system platforms and their outcomes.
- Participate in and show leadership in an EOHSS culture at the site that partners with operational teams to ensure all are accountable for EOHSS culture and performance, modeling what good looks like.
- Proactively collaborates at site and above-site levels
- Conducts Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) reviews against BMS standards and applicable compliance standards, identifies gaps, and completed actions against gaps identified in a systemic fashion using appropriate quality and EOHSS system tools for documentation and CAPA tracking purposes.
- Brings new approaches to continually improve the effectiveness of workflows and processes and learn and apply new concepts.
- Helps to coach and mentor EHS Team members during day-to-day operations.
- Act as the EHS point-of-contact for one area, facility, or functional group at the facility.
- Investigates causes of industrial accidents and/or injuries to develop systemic solutions to minimize or prevent recurrence.
- Ability to influence and drive a sustainable EOHSS culture.
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and EHS systems like ENABLON (or similar).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to attend to multiple high priority items simultaneously and think creatively, critically, and strategically to solve problems in a complex environment with both urgency and agility, calmly.
- Proclivity for partnership and cross-team collaboration
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated, proven ability to work independently
- Escalates issues with urgency to facilitate ease of resolution
Education and Experience:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree in environmental, physical sciences, or engineering
- Advanced degree preferred
- Prefer candidates with a six-sigma certification (green belt or above).
- At least 10 years of direct EOHSS experience
- Experience in manufacturing or pharmaceutical space preferred
- Experience managing people preferred
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.