Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY
Epsilon is seeking a full-time Senior Scientist or Project Manager to support our growing ecological sciences practice. The Senior Scientist will plan for and coordinate efficient environmental and regulatory review and permitting of projects, including Notice of Intent, Water Quality Certificate and Massachusetts General Permit Applications and MEPA/NEPA submittals, as well as other applications to federal, state, and local agencies, boards and commissions. Ideally, the Senior Scientist will also be knowledgeable of the utility/energy markets including demonstrated environmental permitting, project management and general environmental consulting experience in wind, solar, and traditional energy sectors. The position demands a proven ability to manage medium to large scale projects, understand and apply environmental regulations, develop schedules and budgets, mentor staff and communicate clearly and effectively to the public and client. The Senior Scientist represents the company as the technical expert on environmental, siting, and permitting matters at public meetings, workshops, and meetings with federal, state, and local agencies, as well as other stakeholders. The candidate must demonstrate excellent writing skills.
In addition to the above, the Senior Scientist will participate in complex wetland resource area delineations and overview staff completing large scale delineation efforts, and other ecological field work, wetland mitigation site design, construction period erosion and sediment control inspections and reporting. Additionally, the Senior Scientist will support the scoping, preparation, and execution of biological, geological and other scientific studies; and review reports and documentation prepared by subject matter experts. The Senior Scientist will conduct environmental monitoring and mitigation techniques to ensure consistent documentation and compliance with environmental requirements of permits/licenses.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in environmental/wetland science, biology, geology, engineering, planning, or a related physical sciences discipline; Master's degree is preferred.
- 7-10+ years of relevant professional experience in environmental permitting, especially wetlands permitting, and consulting services in the Northeast.
- Ability to complete complex wetland delineations (including ability to delineate independently), function and value assessments, vernal pool surveys, wildlife habitat assessments, wetland restoration & replication planning/design, and construction oversight/inspection;
- Understanding of federal, state and local environmental statutes and regulations;
- Superior writing and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to work productively on multiple projects simultaneously as part of a multidisciplinary project team;
- Willingness to travel, prepare for and participate in public hearings and oversee field work / studies as necessary within the state.
In addition to the Preferred Qualifications, the Candidate must have a valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle for business travel, including proper insurance and registration and have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.WORKING CONDITIONS IN WHICH THE DUTIES ARE PERFORMED
Epsilon maintains a professional office located in an historic mill in Maynard, MA. Office space is recently renovated, clean, quiet, and friendly.
Our team members enjoy regular opportunities for professional growth, a relaxed and flexible work environment, a competitive base salary, a 401k plan with a generous company match, profit sharing, an annual performance bonus program, and a full benefits package.
Epsilon is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. We ensure a workplace that support and encourages creativity, professional growth and a company culture that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall employee health and well-being. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Epsilon Associates, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Applicants must have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.