We are looking for an Environmental Manager to join our Mill Hall, Pennsylvania site within Avery Dennison. In this role, you will participate on our leadership team and report to the Plant Manager. If you are a motivated individual that enjoys driving environmental compliance and engaging employees at all levels, and on all shifts to improve performance and drive a zero tolerance culture - this job is for you! What you will be doing:
- Organizing and controlling the Environmental functions of the site to ensure that a compliant program is maintained; this includes managing the onsite Wastewater Treatment facility and waste management programs.
- Implementing environmental education and training to support regulatory and business requirements.
- Investigating and reporting all releases, injuries and near-misses.
- Managing the environmental compliance program and permitting requirements
- Develop standardized SOPs and programming for critical processes (e.g. Air Pollution Control Devices, VOC analysis, ERP, etc)
- Evaluate IATA & IMDG training needs for the site
- Assist site EHS team on newly added or modified manufacturing projects requiring environmental permitting evaluations
- Responsible for the onboarding of all EHS related employees in the area of environmental compliance
- Maintaining the facility's compliance records for permits. Reviewing Federal, State and local regulation changes that impact permits and permit compliance.
- Managing the environmental program to assure compliance with corporate audit protocols.
- Identifying and evaluating hazardous conditions and implementation of programs to mitigate the conditions.
- Reviewing plant waste statistics and making recommendations for correction of problem areas.
- Conducting periodic risk assessments of plant machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure conformance to appropriate environmental and sanitary standards and regulations.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit the front line leadership to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies
- Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
- Actively participate in the Corporate EHS Network.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
QualificationsWhat you will need to bring to the team:Avery Dennison has a long history of being a market leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5+ years of environmental leadership experience with progressive work assignments. Advanced professional certification desired.
- Strong leadership, managerial, training, and mentoring skills.
- Environmental experience within a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements and policies, procedures, and programs.
- Experience in industry permitting requirements, codes, and standards.
- Strong Project/Problem resolution skills.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and function-specific software.
- Good written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong coaching, facilitating, and training skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or email@example.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Environmental Services Manager, Location: Mackeyville, PA - 17750 , PL: 548110993