An Environmental Health and Safety Leader inspects and evaluates the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards. The EHS Leader Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company and prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics. The EHS Leader is responsible for monitoring compliance with safety procedures and promoting good working practices for employees.Essential Functions
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as required.
- Comply with Sunny Delight Beverage's policies and procedures.
- Conduct and assist with the development of HSE training, such as HSE Management System, Hazard ID and Risk Assessment, Permit to Work, Lockout/Tagout, Incident Investigation and Analysis, Auditor Training, New Manager, Ergonomics, Environmental Compliance, HSE Systems, etc. to support compliance and HSE operational needs.
- Oversee and lead required safety inspections, PM's, etc. within our comprehensive HSE database (GSTEMS).
- Manage chemical handling and associated state and federal reporting requirements.
- Participate in the HSE planning of Turnarounds & Extended Outages and provide on-site HSE support during outages.
- Partnership with maintenance, operations and support departments in the execution and analysis of project efforts.
- Provide ongoing facilitation and coaching to local management/leader teams to ensure quality incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Provide active leadership and support to implement HSE initiatives and projects.
- Assist sites and businesses with the review and development of HSE procedures and standards.
- Train and assist sites with the handling of regulatory inspections.
- Manage expenses within budget.
- Work effectively with all levels of the organization to promote strong core safety values.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Associates Degree/HSE Certification with 7 years of equivalent work experience (prefer HSE, Engineering or Chemical discipline)
- 5 years' experience working in an HSE role.
- 3 years relevant training experience.
- 3 years relevant auditing experience
- Excellent communication & conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Company DescriptionThe 54-year-old SunnyD® brand is a leading chilled juice drink in the U.S. In addition to the SunnyD® brand, the company markets the Fruit2O® and Veryfine® beverage brands