We are seeking an Environmental Planner - Transportation/Aviation
to join Ricondo's team of talented aviation consultants in our Chicago headquarters. Ricondo team members are passionate about working alongside airport management to solve the complex issues facing the aviation industry today. Our team provides strategic planning services to airports around the world, including operational and physical planning, master planning, environmental reviews, and business advisory services. As a Senior Consultant
, you will work independently and will collaborate with our diverse team to address environmental and regulatory issues associated with airport infrastructure project development and operation. No two airports are the same and no two projects are alike, so if you are a problem solver and lifelong learner, join our team and grow with us.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Consultant position will have several years of experience preparing environmental review documentation pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and/or the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for transportation or similar projects. Aviation experience and familiarity with the Federal Aviation Administration's Orders implementing NEPA are a bonus.Core Responsibilities
- Research, collect, analyze, and document environmental, operational, and land use data in support of airport planning, environmental, and sustainability studies.
- Prepare draft sections of reports and presentations, including text, tables, charts, and exhibits based on research, regulatory guidance, verbal and written input from others, and self-directed effort.
- Assist with preparing for, coordinating, and facilitating team meetings, client meetings, public workshops, and agency meetings.
- Provide advice, technical assistance, and written recommendations on airport planning, environmental, and sustainability studies.
- Bachelor's degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for environmental planning, such as environmental studies, environmental policy, urban planning, environmental engineering, geography, biology.
- 3-6 years of experience preparing NEPA and/or CEQA documents for transportation or similar projects.
- Familiarity with the aviation industry or desire to learn and grow in the aviation industry.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
Additional Preferred Technical Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Technical experience in the area of planning or with one or more environmental issues facing airports, such as air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, aircraft noise, climate change, historic resources, biotic species, land use, water resources.
- Experience (or familiarity) with analytic techniques and related tools, such as statistical, spreadsheet noise and emissions models, spatial/graphical analysis applications (CAD, GIS).
- Master's degree in a field that provides strong foundation planning, such as Environmental Studies, Environmental Policy, Urban Planning, Environmental Engineering, Geography, Biology.
- Working knowledge of FAA orders implementing NEPA.
- Working knowledge of airport setting and complexities associated with airport planning projects and associated environmental processing.
- Experience (or familiarity) with analytical techniques and related tools including the Aviation Environmental Design Tool (AEDT), and other applications for modeling aircraft noise and airport emissions.
- Ability to research, develop, organize, and analyze information, and formulate effective recommendations.
- Ability to express ideas and information, clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with supervisors, fellow employees, and officials of other agencies.
Competitive Benefits Package
- Proactive and effective communicator
- Highly organized
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match depending on company performance
- 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Generous paid time-off program for sick leave and vacation time
- Company-paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Professional certification, licensure, and association membership funding
- Professional conferences and seminars
- On-demand access to training (Cornerstone eLearning)
- Internal workshops and webinars
- Short- and long-term disability insurance coverage
- Life insurance (survivor benefits)
- Team member referral bonus program
- Flexible spend accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Transit commuter benefit (based upon location)
Ricondo has served the aviation industry for over 30 years. Our team of nearly 160 consultants represent the brightest and most well-respected professionals in aviation today, working together to meet our clients' needs with ideas, expertise, and transformative solutions. Advance your career with our talented team and help shape the built airport environment.
We strive to be a responsible business-one that adheres to high legal, moral, and ethical professional standards. Our pride is our people, as evidenced by our extremely competitive benefits. We are committed to equality and diversity, cross-disciplinary training, and staff development. We emphasize quality and accountability in a respectful, collaborative, and congenial environment.
Ricondo is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR