Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures-and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive. Practice Area Profile
Climate change is not a future threat-it's an immediate one. BCG's Climate & Sustainability practice (C&S) partners with businesses and governments to help them transform commitments into action and build a decarbonized, more sustainable world, driving technological and economic transformations to realize sustainable competitive advantage.
As part of our commitment to protecting the planet and helping clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, BCG is deepening and broadening its focus. C&S brings together more than 550 experts covering the full range of sustainability topics, including biodiversity, circular economy, decarbonization, sustainable agriculture, transition financing, water management, and other ESG topics-across all sectors-to support our clients around the world. What You'll DoWHAT WE NEED
BCG is looking for an Expert Project Leader or Associate Director focused on Renewable Power Development and Purchasing to join our Climate and Sustainability team and work alongside some of the world's top minds in the industry. You will play a critical role in the growth of our Renewable Power Development and Purchasing topic through case execution, client development, and intellectual property and product creation. BCG helps clients transform their business models to optimize for societal and business value. With businesses facing more pressure than ever to rethink their role in society and improve their impact on people and the planet, BCG is looking for an expert to help our clients take on difficult challenges when it comes to climate and sustainability. WHAT YOU'LL DO
In this unique role, we are looking for someone who can:
- Develop current and insightful perspectives on the market outlook for various renewable energy sectors (e.g wind, solar, storage, both utility-scale and C&I behind-the-meter), including an understanding of fundamental demand and supply drivers, pricing outlook, competitive landscape, and indicative investment returns.
- Conduct complex strategy projects that evaluate opportunities for organizations to evaluate whether to enter various renewable energy markets and how to optimally participate across the renewable energy value chain.
- Help clients identify, prioritize, select, and test key initiatives to improve performance and help gain alignment to ensure success
- Educate teams and clients on the economic impact of key regulations and incentives governing the renewable energy, utility, and transportation infrastructure and carbon space and monitor potential changes in key markets.
- Explain recent trends and potential developments in commercial and financial structures supporting renewable energy transactions.
- Evaluate alternative technologies involved in the manufacture, project delivery and operations of different renewable energy sectors.
- Participate and lead efforts to codify insights, tools, and frameworks
- Actively support our business development efforts and broader efforts to promote external awareness
- Understand and track how corporate customer purchase renewables through various mechanisms like corporate vPPAs, green utility tariffs, 24/7 contracts, etc.
As an Expert Project Leader or Associate Director, you will be integrated into a BCG team and leverage your deep expertise on projects that reshape businesses. You will be given end-to-end responsibility for large and complex "modules" within a BCG project and may lead small but high-impact teams to drive results for our clients. You will work closely with clients to understand their issues, create strategies for change, and win buy-in for your recommendations, while also collaborating with colleagues on complex client issues. Your expertise will be valued by senior clients and you will help build and contribute to BCG's intellectual capital while spending significant time supporting and executing case work. What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
Leveraging your experience, you will develop industry-leading solutions to help our clients succeed.
YOU'LL BE BASED IN
- 5+ years renewable power development and purchasing consulting and/or industry experience
- Knowledge of key topics in one or more of: utility-scale, C&I, renewable energy value chain, renewable energy, utility, and transportation infrastructure, carbon space analysis
- Knowledge of emerging regulatory expectations for climate risk management capabilities
- Experience in modeling the impact of climate risk on material financial and non-financial risks, and opportunities
- Strong academics from a top-tier institution
- Excellent communication skills; able to explain complex industry concepts in non-technical terms
We will consider candidates for any of our North American offices. YOU'LL BE TRAVELING
Travel is anticipated, and will vary based on specific project locations.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.