is seeking a highly motivated Climate Resilience Specialist to join our growing water resources and resilience team in the Chelmsford, MA office and support projects in the Northeast and around the globe. The successful candidate will work closely with our local staff and also collaborate with resilience staff from other offices and regionswhich will afford many opportunities for growth. Our resilience work is primarily for the public sector including municipal, state, and federal clients. Our projects involve working with our clients to identify and understand climate change vulnerabilities and risks and develop innovative solutions to address those risks, as well as to help secure funding to implement the solutions.
Recent projects include coastal resilience studies and adaptation strategy development for municipalities, climate change vulnerability assessment for the MBTAs most used rapid transit line, inundation vulnerability assessment for major flood control facilities, local and state hazard mitigation and climate adaptation plans, climate adaptation framework development for federal agencies, and FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance and other grant application support for high profile resilience projects. This specialist will contribute to projects like these that directly align with AECOMs Sustainable Legacies strategy that embeds environmental, social, and governance principles into everything we do. This is an excellent growth opportunity in an exciting and rewarding field.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
At AECOM, were delivering a better world.
- Coordinating with our multidiscipline teams consisting of planners, scientists, designers, and engineers on projects that include climate vulnerability and risk assessments, coastal studies, hydrology and hydraulics, flood risk management, coastal restoration, and design
- Leading climate adaptation project tasks and managing schedule and budget
- Overseeing entry level and junior staff on tasks and deliverables
- Coordinating with team members and clients to identify critical planning issues
- Preparing and delivering presentations
- Assisting with business development opportunities and general growth of AECOMs climate change and resilience services
- Supporting related environmental planning services including socioeconomic analyses, equity and environmental justice analyses, grant application development, etc.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether its improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. Were one global team 47,000 strong driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.Water
With more than 3,200 Water professionals in all major markets throughout the United States and Canada, AECOMs Water business line leverages nearly a century of local, national and international project experience to provide todays municipalities, industries and governments with cost-effective solutions to their Water challenges. We deliver our servicesfrom environmental planning studies to detailed design, construction management, and operations and maintenanceto a wide range of public and private sector clients. Our public sector work encompasses everything from small rural communities, to large urban centers, to agencies with regional responsibilities. Our private sector work includes assignments for multiple commercial/industrial sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, power, food and beverage, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals. https://aecom.com/markets/water/Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Science, Planning, Public Policy, or related field
- 4+ years of experience performing climate vulnerability and risk assessments and climate adaptation feasibility studies/projects
What We Offer
- Advanced degree in a related field
- AICP or CFM
- 6+ years of experience performing climate vulnerability and risk assessments and climate adaptation feasibility studies/projects
- Experience with New England municipalities and states
- Demonstrated knowledge of climate change risk/resiliency subject matter and experience applying it in projects
- Experience working with communities in providing resiliency, particularly in water, transportation, energy, and transportation areas
- Proficiency with GIS mapping and analysis
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a team consisting of several technical disciplines
- Ability to monitor budget and schedule for all tasks
- Experience developing proposals
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether youre working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and lets get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each persons potential, and well help you reach yours.Job Category
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Full TimeRequisition/Vacancy No.
US - Boston, MA - One Federal StVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.