Vaxxinova U.S. is a science based Veterinary Biologic's company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures and commercializes veterinary vaccines based upon our proprietary SRP® technology. The innovative SRP Technology induces host immunity against certain cell wall components of common Gram (-) and Gram (+) bacteria. These cell wall antigens are called Siderophore Receptor and Porin proteins (SRP). SRP Technology is protected by an extensive portfolio of U.S. and international patents. Vaxxinova is developing a novel recombinant viral vector technology and is currently seeking a talented and motivated Scientist
to join Vaxxinova's development group which aims to develop this new viral vectored technology for use in the Veterinary Industry.
The successful candidate should have a strong background in molecular biology/virology preferably with a working background in viral vectors. Main Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Rescue, propagation and characterization of recombinant vectors in compliance with good laboratory practices.
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate the efficacy of viral vectors in multiple animal species
- Interpret data in the context of multidisciplinary project teams
- Cloning of bacterial and viral genes in platform technology
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits at Vaxxinova US:
- Strong background in molecular biology techniques with experience in cloning, sequencing, molecular biology and virology, protein expression assays, mammalian cell culture, manipulation, propagation and purification of viruses in BSL2 conditions.
- Viral analytics: virus rescue and amplification, plague assay, TCID50, IFA, Cell-based assays: Cell proliferation and cytotoxicity assay's
- Specific experience in the design, rescue and characterization of RNA viruses
- Highly skilled in cell culture, viral propagation, and viral titration techniques
- Experience performing standard laboratory procedures for the study of protein expression such as western blotting, PCR, RT-PCR and quantitative PCR. ELISA, SDS-PAGE and immuno-staining techniques
- Vector engineering for recombinant viruses and viral vectors
- Ability to conceive and design experiments, develop assays, optimize protocols, and interpret experimental results and document recording in electronic notebook platform
- Strong written, verbal and time-management skills
- Bachelors, M. Sc Degree, or PhD, in virology, immunology, molecular biology or related scientific field with relevant experience in industry preferred or academia with a minimum of 5 years' hands on experience
We are proud to offer a generous benefit package in addition to competitive compensation. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance options, a Health Savings Account with company match, 401K plan with company match, PTO accrual, holiday pay, short- and long-term disability, and company paid life insurance. About Vaxxinova
Vaxxinova aims at providing a full range of both autogenous and licensed vaccines combined with high-level diagnostic services, supported by strong R&D. Our focus is on livestock including poultry, aqua, cattle, and swine. Vaxxinova US, formerly known as Epitopix, is the US operating unit of the Vaxxinova Group, headquartered in the Netherlands. In 2021 Vaxxinova US acquired Newport Laboratories, which has a strong presence making autogenous vaccines for cattle and swine, as well as a state-of-the-art diagnostic laboratory and remains operating under the Newport Laboratories name in the market. The addition of Newport Laboratories allows Vaxxinova to provide the broadest offering of autogenous vaccines and diagnostics, plus a growing line of licensed vaccines to the Cattle Industry.
Vaxxinova currently has facilities in ten countries including Brazil, Chile, Germany, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Norway, the Netherlands, Thailand, and the USA. Vaxxinova is part of the family-owned EW Group, headquartered in Germany. The EW Group specializes in animal genetics, animal nutrition and animal health, operates in over 100 countries and records consistent international growth.