Research Triangle Institute (RTI)
has over 30 years' experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a not-for-profit, independent research institute based in North Carolina, USA, RTI has roughly 5,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects. RTI's Sustainable Growth & Resilience (SG&R)
technical unit within the International Development Group brings together RTI experts and capabilities across food security, agriculture, energy, environment, water, governance, and economic opportunity. SG&R will leverage RTI's experience designing and delivering multisectoral programming and technical solutions to respond to climate change, build resilience, and promote economic growth around the world. Position Description:
RTI is currently accepting applications for the position of Management Associate
to provide cross-unit support to the Sustainable Growth & Resilience unit. This position will work closely with other project management team members and provide a wide range of financial and operational project and proposal support tasks. The position is expected to support projects 80% of the time, proposals 10%, and other tasks as required, 10%.
This position will be expected to be based in Washington, DC or the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina (RTI headquarters). Telecommuting will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The position will be expected to travel internationally up to 25% of the time when COVID restrictions are lifted. Travel assignments could range 2 weeks - 3 months. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General Project Management:
- Under the supervision of Project Managers and Coordinators, support project management activities from project start-up to closeout.
- Under the supervision of Project Managers and Coordinators, collaborate with other project team members, division management, and RTI business partners to identify and mitigate risks related to implementation.
- Support the recruitment and onboarding of project staff and other human resources processes.
- Draft staffing, consultant, travel, contract modification and other contractual approval requests, as well as other items for submission to clients.
- Liaise and coordinate support services from RTI business partners.
- Create project cheat sheets/trackers with key funding, contractual, and technical information; lead and manage project trackers
- Support daily project and team activities including managing the calendars, agendas, and meeting notes for the project and or technical activity meetings.
- Maintain project files on shared drives and SharePoint.
- Support project staff with financial monitoring and tracking.
- Support budget planning, consult with technical teams, business partners, regional offices, and project team members to support improved forecasting as needed.
- Review invoices and work with Accounts Payable to ensure on time payment.
- Support engagement of subcontractors, consultants, and/or other vendors by assisting with collecting necessary documentation and preparing subcontract/purchase order requests and modifications.
- Create and maintain Level of Effort (LOE) and budget trackers for subcontractors, consultants, and/or other vendors.
- Under the supervision of Project Coordinators, support the project team with participating in procurement processes and ensuring compliance.
- Perform discrete tasks on projects and or proposal development efforts under the supervision of other staff.
- Perform other tasks as directed and delegated by the direct supervisor or Project Coordinator in the assigned project
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, public policy, or relevant social science discipline, with at least one year of related professional experience. Master's degree also accepted.
- Proficient administrative support skills and abilities.
- Proven excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with project management teams; experience in project administration for international development projects a plus.
- Ability to manage and support complex and geographically disparate portfolios.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent soft skills, including strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a problem-solving attitude.
- A self-starter who works both independently and as a collaborative team player.
- Language skills in Spanish or French preferred.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.