Environmental Engineer or Scientist Location:
Novi, MI Job Id:
1161 # of Openings:
1 Environmental Engineer or Scientist Location
Novi, MI Job Summary
As an Environmental Engineer or Scientist with Fishbeck's air quality team, you will be managing projects ensuring environmental compliance for our clients. Projects involve providing regulatory assistance, preparing permit applications, conducting site evaluations, and writing detailed reports. You will work alongside industry leaders and government agencies to assess environmental impacts, propose creative solutions for clients to maintain compliance, and fulfil regulatory oversight of projects. Primary Functions
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Conduct air emission inventories, air emission records review and development, regulatory and compliance reviews.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with new and existing clients.
- Create environmental plans including SPCCs, PIPPs, HWCPs, and SWPPPs.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of regulatory permit applications and reports.
- Perform visible emission readings, conduct storm water inspections, and collect and assess storm water samples.
- Interpret collected data and environmental records to aide in reporting and proposals.
- Provide on-site regulatory assistance at industrial facilities.
Common office tasks involve sitting, standing, walking, using a personal computer, and communicating verbally. Most work is conducted indoors with occasional project site visits. Lifting up to 50 pounds, maneuvering outdoors, using technical data collection equipment is necessary at times. Must be able to drive vehicle to project sites and meetings with clients. Travel for field work or work at client sites depending on client needs or requirements. Visual acuity necessary to perform responsibilities. Desired Education/Licensure
Bachelor's in Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field. Ability to obtain PE license a plus. Desired Skills/Experience
What we offer
- 5+ years of experience in environmental compliance (such as in consulting, environmental health and safety (EHS) management, or with an environmental regulatory agency.)
- Experience preparing various environmental reports and other regulatory agency documents.
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental compliance and regulations.
- Track record of developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, especially with generating proposals and reports.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, generating formulas and calculations.
Our staff members enjoy a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness reimbursement and activities
- Reimbursement and support for tuition, continuing education, and professional/personal development
- Vacation and sick time, volunteer PTO, parental leave, and paid holidays
- 401(k), profit sharing, and stock options (we are 100% employee owned!)
- And more!
Fishbeck is one of the premier professional consulting firms in the nation, with 14 regional offices and more than 550 employees. Engineering, environmental sciences, architecture, and construction management are the cornerstones of Fishbeck's services and integrated project approach. We are a hands-on and design-orientated practice with the technical capabilities and understanding to take the largest projects from internal concept to completion. Our team of experts takes pride in our commitment to reliability in design, connection to our clients, and creativity at our core.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for this Position