World Resources Institute
WRI Indonesia seeks to support the government, private sector, and communities in Indonesia to reduce its GHG emission through better management of its forest and land use, business operation, and livelihoods. We utilize new technology, multi-stakeholder approach, and research to provide the most up-to-date, accurate, and reliable tools, methodology, and data so that key stakeholders can take part in sustainable development. To advance this cause, WRI Indonesia is championing an ambitious program to transform land use planning and management to be more inclusive and sustainable through several projects, namely Enhancing Community Forest Tenure & Sustainable Livelihoods in Indonesia. The project Initiative supports national and subnational government agencies to implement and monitor social forestry agenda in reducing GHG emission and improving climate resiliency through sustainable and inclusive forest management, while simultaneously supports indigenous and local communities to secure tenurial security and develop sustainable livelihoods and business models.
Through these initiatives, we aimed to build a movement among government agencies, companies, NGOs, communities, and society to enhance sustainable and equitable forest and land use management in Indonesia. Database Assistant is to provide and supporting technical and operational aspects of data base, program monitoring and consultation in the priority provinces and support the Program Leads and Managers at WRI Indonesia to manage program/projects within the scope of WRI Indonesias strategy.
The Database Assistant will responsible to provide technical and operational aspects in implementing and managing WRIs key initiatives/portfolios in the prioritized sites and districts. The main responsibility will include; implementing project plan, provide database management, facilitating data collection and information from data custodian, as well as data collection and verification in the field including research activities, assisting and organizing events and engagements related to the implementation of The Enhancing Community Forest Tenure & Sustainable Livelihoods.
He/She will support and work collaboratively with IT/IMS team in Regional Aceh to develop Social Forestry, forest database and monitoring system. He/she also responsible to assist the South Sumatera and Aceh Senior Program Lead in monitoring, reporting, and data management for Regional Aceh, as well as organize and facilitate periodic reviews, monitoring activities, and ensure that the project delivers its targeted outputs and outcomes.
He/She will be based in Banda Aceh with frequent field travel to priority site, as well as other places as may be assigned. He/she will liaise closely with the regional team, and other key personnel of the projects, partners who implementing similar programs, as well as relevant government agencies, local authorities, and NGO/CSOs that will contribute to achieving targeted impact of WRI portfolios. This position will reporting to the South Sumatra and Aceh Senior Program Lead.
The Database Assistant main areas of responsibility will include the following:
Technical Works and Research (70%)
- Provide technical assistance and facilitation on the development of data and metadata standard, data management procedure, and system requirements as required by forest planning and monitoring.
- In collaboration with IT/IMS Specialist to develop design and prototype of forest database and monitoring system, as well as implement its designs into workable tools and platforms.
- Provide capacity strengthening and technical assistance to relevant government agencies, forest management units, civil societies, and/or community groups and other partners to operationalize and manage systems, platforms and/or tools.
- Support the Senior Program Lead in conduction monitoring, reporting, and database management of Regional South Sumatra and Aceh
- Willing to assist other areas within WRI Indonesia's working area with regard to IT/MIS
Project Management and Communication (30%)
- Support the Senior Program Lead in developing workplan, budget, and term of reference (TOR) to implement Forest database and monitoring system, and other relevant project activities in Aceh province and its priority districts.
- Support the Senior Program Lead to actively communicate relevant programs and activities, and liaise closely with key government agencies, the partners implementing similar programs as well as civil society organization.
- Assist the Senior Program Lead to organize and facilitate periodic reviews, monitor activities, and ensure that the project delivers its outputs and outcomes.
- Develop minutes of meeting, travel report, and other relevant documents to support the implementation of WRI Indonesias activities.
- Facilitate workshop, meeting, and discussion, as well as other events conducted by WRI Indonesia.
- Support the Senior Program Lead in developing monthly and quarterly report, working paper, and other communication materials
- Legally able to work in Indonesia
- Hold bachelors degree in information technology, computer science, geomatics, geodesy, or any other related field.
- Minimum two years of full-time work experience in a relevant field, with operation management, human resource management, and/or financial management experience.
- Experience in preparing documentation and reports based on relevant dataset using various tools
- Experience to perform data collection and doing field works.
- Willing to be posted in Banda Aceh
- Having a good understanding on geospatial data management and analysis would be a plus point.
- Experience in working collaboratively with local governments, local communities, universities, civil society, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to operate Ms. Office especially Word, Excel, Power Point, dan internet operations.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Provide technical expertise to perform Database Technical Works, as well as Knowledge, Communication, and Project Management
- Provide technical assistance and facilitation on the development of data and metadata standard, data management procedure, and system requirements as required by forest planning and monitoring
- Provide capacity strengthening and technical assistance to relevant government agencies, forest management units, civil societies, and/or community groups and other partners to operationalize and manage system, platform and/or tool.
- Support the Senior Program Lead in developing quarterly report, working paper, and other communication materials.
- Present and organize internal and external meetings, workshops, conferences, and other dissemination
- Support identifying problems in projects and recommend solutions to problems
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English
Full-time with fixed-term employment agreement for 1 (one) year period with 3 (three) months of consultancy contract apply before the fixed-term employment agreement started.
What we offer
- Salary that is commensurate with experience and skills
- Competitive and comprehensive benefit package
- Access to the WRI global network
- Opportunity to join and/or get involved in different working groups
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
- A chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
How to apply: In order to be formally considered, please submit an updated resume and cover letter through WRIcareer portal.
Application close: 1700 (DKI Jakarta local time), 15 September 2022.We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect. The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the worlds greatest environment and international developmentchallenges, and improve peoples lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $100 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 800+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices inAfrica,Brazil,China,Europe,India,Indonesia,Mexicoand theUnited States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRIs 10-year history in the country and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve peoples lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRIs policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRIs global agenda requires a staff that is diverse with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.
Please see job description