Job DescriptionOverall Position Summary and Objectives
The contractor will independently provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the client.Minimum Education
PhDResume Max Pages
15Certifications & LicensesSkills (Ranked By Priority) Effective written and verbal communications skillsEnthusiasm for learning new techniques and concepts -Demonstrable evidence of resourcefulness and knowing how to troubleshoot basic technical problems with assays SoftwareField of StudyDELIVERABLES
- Work products and documents related to conducting studies to extract DNA from endocrine-related mood disorder bloods; maintain DNA sample database; maintain inventory and archive of human tissue samples - Daily
- Work products and documents related to processing human tissue samples for distribution to and collection from outside labs; send out samples for analysis; receive samples from outside labs; re-integrate samples back into BEB database and archive. - Daily
STATEMENT OF WORK DETAILSDesigns and performs original molecular and cellular research.
- Work products and documents related to preparing blood samples to perform cell culture techniques for establishing patient cell lines and DNA re-extraction; track mood rating - Daily
Evaluates, tests and implements new processes, methodologies and tools for complex molecular and cellular testing and research.
- Design molecular or cellular laboratory experiments, including molecular cloning, in vitro transcription, DNA/RNA analysis, protein expression in microbial systems, and protein purification and plasmid engineering.
- Perform polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for cloning and amplification of DNA libraries for sequencing
- Plasmid cloning and subclonining (primarily using the Gateway system)
Documents research findings and maintains accurate logs and records of all experimental activities and outcomes.
- Performance of low and multiplex immunoaffinity assays including immunoblot, dot blot, immunoprecipitation, ELISA, cell-based assays, luciferase immunoprecipitation sequencing, and phage displays immunoprecipitation sequencing
Provides subject matter expertise to senior scientists and program executives.
- Maintain precise and complete records of all experimental activities, to include methodologies, instrumentation and findings for futrure reference.
- Maintain shared digital laboratory notebook. Maintain stocks of reagents and oversee/schedule routine equipment maintenance
Prepares results of experimental findings for presentation and publication.
- Immunohistochemistry of tissues and cells
- Storing, expanding, and maintaining mammalian cells line cultures for transfection
- DNA plasmid preparation and gel electrophoresis
- DNA/RNA extraction, purification, and preparation for send out sequencing