Environmental Health & Safety Manager
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Christian Aviles
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $78,000 - $98,000 per yearA bit about us:
Our client is a family-owned and internationally renowned company that has been rapidly growing over the last 10 years. The brand is backed by a team of people working together to create a line of innovative products that provide solutions to the tile industry. We're looking to build our team with individuals who like to think BIG, and want to be part of what makes our products-- extraordinary.Why join us?
We are a company that treats its employees, suppliers, and customers as long-term partners. Where success is built on a win-win philosophy and everyone should benefit.
"Profit is not the goal of the business. Profit is the consequence of a job well done"Job Details
The key role of the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager is to ensure local, state and federal legal/ regulatory compliance of the environmental and safety management systems of our clients operations and the life safety of the employees. In addition, to provide leadership and to take responsibility jointly with others to establish a safety culture that fosters collaboration and engagement across all levels of the business as it relates to the environmental impacts, health and safety of the workforce without prejudice and with resolve.
- Serve as EHS Subject Matter Expert to ensure a safe work environment for employees, contractors and visitors to the company including multiple shift environments and locations, while holding employees at all levels accountable.
- Take appropriate steps to stop unsafe work.
- Provide company leaders with guidance on EHS matters
- Maintain regular and routine presence on the production floor to ensure open communication with all employees, stay current with production processes and observation of work methods.
- Support the overall planning and installation of equipment and process change to ensure compliance with EHS policies and regulations along with industry best practice.
- Support managers, supervisors, and workers on methods to foster and monitor a positive and effective EHS culture.
- Support implementation and maintenance of routine EHS risk assessment, control and management processes in normal operations and emergencies.
o Oversee, develop, and perform routine program audits to ensure compliance with Company Policy and related regulations (e.g. Hazard Communication, Control of Hazardous Energy (LOTO), Hot Work, PPE, Emergency Response, etc.)
o Assist in reviewing, updating, and maintaining Site Preparedness and Emergency Response Plans.
o Ensure that Safety Data Sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed and proper chemical approval, handling and storage occurs.
o Lead the compliant handling/storage/proper disposal of universal and hazardous waste and obsolete chemicals
o Lead accident/near miss investigations and corrective action implementation.
o Lead injury response to ensure prompt care of all injured employees.
o Participate in injury reporting and management program.
o Contribute to identification of risk factors and analysis and prioritization of EHS risks associated with known and routine work processes in familiar environments.
o Prepare and check specifications and orders for the purchase of preventive and protective safety equipment and other physical risk controls.
o Coordinate the issue, testing, availability, use and replacement of personal protective and/or emergency equipment.
o In liaison with operational staff, write and keep up-to date procedures for safe, compliant work practices and use of PPE.
o Write and keep up-to-date documentation for emergency situations.
o Schedule all required industrial hygiene testing and training and maintains records and documentation (e.g. Hearing Conservation, Air Sampling etc.).
- Support monitoring and measurement of EHS performance.
o Establish EHS targets and objectives in collaboration with management.
o Implement activities to monitor EHS performance.
o Track and ensure closure of all corrective actions in a timely manner, coordinating with other Departments and/or outside partners as necessary.
o Coordinate workplace inspection activities to monitor the presence and use of hazard controls.
o Contribute to monitoring of employees and contractors' personnel and their compliance with EHS requirements.
o Support processes and procedures to investigate, analyze, record and report on incidents and nonconformities indicating failures or inadequacies of controls.
o Conduct and analyze emergency drills.
o Make recommendation to improve EHS, including addressing identified nonconformities to improve EHS compliance.
- Prepare and maintain environmental and safety reports for internal and external parties. Maintain a EHS Compliance Matrix with document control.
- Communicate, engage with employees at all levels to identify and mitigate risk while optimizing worker health and safety.
o Implement EHS-related communication and consultation processes with stakeholders.
o Contribute to the preparation of training and information material to develop EHS skills and awareness in workers and supervisors.
o Provide varied and up-to-date EHS information to employees at all levels.
o Be a "trusted advisor" to influence to employees at all levels.
o Support and motivate departmental supervisors to provide EHS leadership and through them to influence workers to give appropriate priority to EHS in relation to other operational objectives.
o Chair the Safety Committee. Creates monthly meeting agendas including preparation of presentations, metrics and other communications to the Committee. Ensures minutes are distributed to appropriate parties along with safety communication to employees at all levels.
- Apply legal and ethical standard to practice.
- Comply with laws and regulations governing practice of EHS and related activities.
- Coordinate regulatory agency and insurance loss control inspections and findings documented and addressed timely.
- Make decisions and judgments impartially based on standards, legislative requirements, EHS knowledge and practice.
- Maintain all relevant logs/supportive documentation with all EHS related permits and legal requirements.
o Seek out and form a collaborative relationship with an EHS Professional mentor.
- Environmental, Health, and Safety Training
o Organize and control data and records for training and record retention.
o Schedule and communicate EHS training events in Schluter University.
o Coordinate, plan, deliver and facilitate EHS related training such as new hire, cross training, launch training for new services, and other trainings as necessary.
o In liaison with operational staff, write and keep up-to date procedures for safe and efficient working to build training from.
o Work with HR on new hire on-boarding training and production floor hands-on follow up training.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Leadership and the ability to influence and manage change through positive interactions
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external.
- Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Manage conflicts with professionalism and openness.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience requirements
- B.S. in Environmental Science; Industrial Hygiene; or equivalent degree.
- Min 5 years management experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety; or equivalent experience in the manufacturing industry sector.
- Familiarity with working both in verbal and written communications with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.