Country Manager Colombia Based in Bogota Full time position, local contract Start date: October 2022 WHO WE ARE
PUR Projet is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level, PUR Projet seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR Projet's projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration. PUR Projet is a B Corp Company which employs over 150 people and a presence in 10 countries.
www.purprojet.com PUR Projet is recruitinga Country Manager to lead our operations in Colombia
As part of the Projects team you will report to the Latin America Regional Manager and will oversee our projects in Colombia. The successful candidate will be the lead point of reference for operations in country and key point of contact for our teams and partners, taking part in the restructuring of our Colombian organisation, the carbon certifications, the enhancement of the project designs and the management of the team.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Project management: Set-up, Plan, Coordinate, and Monitor the implementation of project activities, build, train and manage local teams and partners, control quality of implementation, improve proceedings, coordinate the implementation of Impact monitoring activities, develop and manage project budgets, update reporting and communication tools and formats, lead carbon certifications in tandem with our Carbon expert teams.
- Project monitoring: Monitor projects outputs (adapt and implement data collection tools, consolidate and analyze data, contributes to regular reporting on progress and budget), coordinate the monitoring of project impacts, be responsible for the ressource management of the projects
- Project development: Develop strategy plan for news and existing projects in Colombia, aligning with key industry framework and/or carbon accounting methodologies, identify and pursue opportunities to scale projects or new projects opportunities. Be accountable for projects reporting.
- Team management : management of 4+ teams members in country and lead potential recruitments and onboarding of new employee(s).
- Partnership management: Support the Programs Team in the coordination of projects, partners including clients, local partners and beneficiaries; contribute to the negotiation of deals with private/public partners to implement innovative projects; coordinate project field visits with and for clients and partners.
- External representation and communication: Act as the projects' and partnerships' focal point; represent PUR Projet and support the development of marketing and communication on his/her projects.
You have solid project management skills; You demonstrated technical capacity for project development; You are passionate about agroforestry, reforestation and conservation initiatives. You have solid knowledge of carbon topics and are a real team player: This position is for you!We are looking for a candidate with:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in sustainable agriculture, conservation and/or community project implementation.
- Graduated from an MSc in Natural Resource Management, Agronomy, Forestry, Agroforestry, Rural Development or equivalent experience.
- Director experience (team management, legal entities...)
- Knowledge and/or experience with key commodities produced in Colombia (cocoa and coffee); experience in managing multistakeholder initiatives with communities, partners and clients/funders.
- Knowledge or experience in handling carbon certification for afforestation/reforestation projects
- Fluency in Spanish and English; French is a strong plus
- A legal right to work and live in Colombia and to frequently travel in the country and punctually in the Latin American region
* The application must be in english