Director, tRNA Biology
Location: Cambridge, MA
HireMinds is seeking your expertise in leading design and execution of discovery tRNA Biology efforts to add to our clients growing biotech team. You will add your expertise leading lab teams in the development of biochemical and cellular assay to support Go/No-Go decision points. You will bring experience in overseeing teams conducting cell culturing, and add experience in flow cytometry, CRISPR gene editing, and molecular technologies with testing of RNA and/or oligonucleotide-base compounds. You will help pioneer a platform of first-in-class tRNA-based therapeutics targeting protein dysfunction and nonsense mutation defects in helping patients by joining this team. If you can lead innovative science in the RNA space reach out to the HireMinds team today to learn more and apply.
In This Role You'll Be Responsible For:
• You will be tasked with working both independently and in leading a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support platform and therapeutic development.
• Design, establish and execute robust, high-quality biochemical and cell-based assays to support lead selection and optimization as candidates approach IND-enabling studies.
• Establish and perform primary and develop functional assays to support hit-to-lead and lead optimization.
• Lead development and execution of cell-based assays to assess biological activity of oligonucleotide-based compounds.
• Guide subject matter expertise of tRNA, RNA biology, and oligonucleotide publications and latest technological advancements in the space by keeping abreast of advancements in the field.
• Manage relationships with external research partners and CROs.
• Ability to effectively gather data to support decision making and present with effective communication findings to scientific team and management in written and oral presentations.
You'll Bring With You:
• PhD in cell biology or molecular biology, immunology or a related discipline with 5+ years of experience in biotech or pharmaceutical company.
• Experience leading teams in the lab with hands-on contributions in mammalian cell culture, including primary cells, flow cytometry, and cell-base or functional assays.
• Experience in the tRNA (will consider mRNA) space or expertise is highly desired by way of past industry work or academic publication record.
• Expertise in DNA/RNA/siRNA transfection with in vitro and in vivo studies.
• Experience with delivery methods in CRISPR and viral vector delivery is a plus.
• In-depth knowledge in functional and cell-base assay design, optimization, validation, data analysis and interpretation.
• Knowledge in data spreadsheets (Excel, GraphPad Prism, Photoshop, Illustrator) to generate graphic illustrations of data to support internal reports and IND fillings or regulatory submissions.
• Critical data analysis, attention to detail, and troubleshooting abilities.
• Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to evolving biotech demands.