Job Description Scientist (Disease Biology, Immuno-Oncology) The Role:
We are looking for a motivated Ph.D. scientist with a strong background in immuno-oncology to join our growing Disease Biology team in Cambridge. The individual will support HiFiBiO's preclinical antibody drug discovery programs from the early stage of hit identification through IND filing. The successful candidate will work closely with the Project Leader and the Disease Biology team to characterize bispecific antibodies for lead optimization and clinical candidate selection. The candidate will be expected to generate high-quality data and to thoroughly document experimental results in a timely manner, enabling efficient project progression towards IND filing. They will contribute to the team's effort to identify and nominate new antibody drug targets. The candidate will collaborate with protein science, in vivo biology, single-cell sequencing, and bioinformatics teams for the successful execution of programs and advancing HiFiBiO's drug discoveries. They will have the opportunity to present data at internal project meetings and external conferences.Responsibilities:The selected individual must have demonstrated, hands-on expertise in the following areas:
- Designing and execution of assays for profiling and characterization of antibodies for lead and candidate selection and to characterize the mechanism of action.
- Prioritizing studies to meet the timelines and make critical go/no go decisions for the project progression.
- Processing and immune characterization of human PBMCs and primary tumor samples for mechanistic studies.
- Designing and executing functional assays for human T cell, NK cell, Treg, dendritic cells, and tumor cell-immune cell co-culture assays.
- Hands-on experience in multicolor flow cytometry, and other routine immunological assays.
- Experience in mouse tumor models, PK/PD, and checkpoint inhibitor therapies.
- Data analysis software, such as Microsoft Office and GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, Electronic laboratory notebook data recording.
- Maintaining advanced knowledge in current and future trends in immuno-oncology thorough review of literature and networking.
- Supporting the team to identify and nominate novel antibody-drug targets.
- Supervising junior team members.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, or similar field.
- Postdoctoral research experience in industry or academia is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong background in mouse and human immunology. Expertise with checkpoint inhibitors and T cell, Treg, NK, and Dendritic cell biologies required.
- Experience in designing novel bispecific antibody formats is a plus.
- Ability to write and execute a technical/experimental plan and draft SOPs.
- Diligence and accuracy in recording data in the company Electronic Lab Notebook system.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive in identifying roadblocks and seeking solutions alone or with the help of team members
- Strong team-working skills.
- Strong desire for innovation with can do and will do approach.
- High impact publications in relevant areas of expertise.
Please send a cover letter briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying as well as your CV. All CVs will be reviewed at our earliest availability.Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters).
Our Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for HiFiBiO Therapeutics. To protect the interests of all parties involved, HiFiBiO will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position(s) is in place. Unsolicited resumes sent to HiFiBiO from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and HiFiBiO and do not obligate HiFiBiO in any way to pay any fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees; no response will be provided to such contact or presentation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, marital status or any other protected Federal/National, State/Province, or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.About HiFiBiO Therapeutics:
HiFiBiO Therapeutics is an emerging multinational company mobilizing the human immune system to combat disease and transform patient care. We integrate deep-rooted biological expertise, apply advanced single-cell profiling technologies and leverage open-innovation strategies to accelerate the development of a repertoire of innovative antibody drugs to treat cancer and autoimmune disorders. HiFiBiO fosters a fast-paced and engaging work environment, providing high growth opportunities to our employees to learn new skills and tackle new challenges on a daily basis.