Responsible for maintaining compliance with local, state and federal environmental regulations relating to air, water, land, waste and all other Site environmental issues exclusive of Right-To-Know.
Roles & Responsibilities
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Accountable for personal safety, the safety of fellow employees and contractors, and for promoting a safe work environment. Ensure that housekeeping and hazard communication standards are maintained.
- Responsible for overall development of Site programs, including DPCC, LDAR and RCRA, to en-sure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations concerning air, water, land, waste and all other Site environmental issues, except TCPA. Develops and maintains the Environmental Management System under ISO 14001, which includes communicating policy, developing targets and objectives, conducting periodic environmental aspect reviews, participating in the management review process, and developing and providing environmental awareness training for the Site.
- Serves as liaison between the local community, regulating agencies and the Edison Facility regard-ing environmental affairs, working actively to develop a relationship of trust.
- Supervises the activities of the Environmental Contractors associated with functional responsibili-ties.
- Collects necessary data and submits SARA 313 Toxic and Release Inventory Reports and NJDEP Pollution Progress Reports on an annual basis.
- Coordinates and develops various Environmental Department projects, including annual targets for emissions and waste and upset reductions.
- Maintains the Environmental Compliance Plan, updating it periodically as needed.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- Understands and helps implement the Site's Quality Policy and the Continuous Improvement Pro-cess (CIP).
- Is fully aware of all position-specific quality assurance responsibilities.
- Is familiar with site-wide Document Control, Internal Quality, Corrective Action, Non-Conforming Product, and Record-keeping procedures.
- Ensures that all subordinate employees are aware of and are adequately trained in quality proce-dures.
HEALTH AND SAFETY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and helps implement the Site's Safety Policy.
- Actively participates in Site's health and safety programs.
- Understands and complies with all health and safety rules.
- Routinely demonstrates safe work practices.
- Attends all required health and safety related meetings and training sessions.
- Corrects or reports all non-conforming conditions.
Education: BS Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental or technical field.
Experience: 3-5 years of engineering, plant operations or technical field.
- Continuous Improvement Process
- Computer Systems and Software
- Process Safety
- ISO 14001
- HAZWOPER Level 5 (IC)
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.Nearest Major Market: