Founded with the vision to merge breakthrough advances in synthetic biology, cell engineering, and radiation oncology to enable safer, more precise, and potent therapies. The company's platform technology will allow physicians to deliver the right therapy at the right place and at the right time to meaningfully improve the outcome of patients with serious diseases such as cancer.
We seek an exceptional individual to join our growing Synthetic Biology team as a Scientist / Bioengineer in the Greater Los Angeles, CA area. The candidate will be a motivated researcher that will play a lead role in the design, characterization, and optimization of genetic circuits as it relates to mammalian cell therapy for cancer. The individual may work on multiple programs in parallel at various stages of development.
The successful candidate will thrive on teamwork and collaboration. They will embrace a fast-paced environment, pursue scientific rigor, and set and achieve goals. They will be eager to learn new areas outside of their knowledge and approach problem-solving with grit.
This role is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, well-funded startup. This is an on-site laboratory position at our facilities located in Los Angeles, CA.
Essential Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Design and clone genetic circuits to achieve the desired sense-and-respond functionality for therapeutic applications.
- Manage the small-scale production of viruses for human cell transduction and engineering.
- Design, develop, and perform in vitro cellular assays to optimize the response of genetic circuits in mammalian cells, including cytotoxicity, proliferation, migration, and multi-color flow cytometry assays.
- Develop protocols, standard operating procedures, and statistical test methods.
- Draft and review technical reports.
- Play a lead role in regular internal project meetings and data reviews.
- Document all experiments and findings in electronic lab notebooks.
- Aid in the management of lab tasks, including maintaining supplies, reagents, and cells.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Ph.D. in a life science discipline (Biology, Bioengineering, Immunology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, etc.) with deep experience in bacterial or mammalian synthetic biology.
- Expertise with molecular cloning techniques, including PCR, transformation, sequencing, and DNA isolation, is required.
- Proficiency in mammalian cell and molecular biology techniques, including sterile technique, primary cell culture, cell assays, cell isolation, and cell sorting, is required.
- Excellent organizational, communication, time-management, and collaboration skills are required.
- Light to medium physical effort/lifting, up to 20 pounds
Powered by JazzHR