was established in 2001 as an independent environmental services firm and joined the ADEC Innovations
group of companies in September 2021. Our staff has provided services to a diverse clientele in the transportation, consumer products, construction materials, financial services, Internet services, manufacturing, petrochemical, aerospace, and waste management industries, as well as government and other public sectors.
Our chosen field of services includes the most difficult issues that challenge society today. These challenges require solutions that will stand the test of time. Our solutions must recognize the social, economic and environmental implications and balance among these. We are committed to deliver services and solutions that are the product of the best collaboration of all appropriate resources and expertise of the firm.
Cameron-Cole is seeking a Level III Environmental Scientist / Geologist
to join our team. With little supervision, this role will be responsible to design, perform and oversee environmental field sampling including collection of surface and subsurface soil samples, assist in the development and analysis of hydrogeological models, compilations and evaluation of hydrogeological and hydrochemical information; ensuring that all sampling plans are accurately followed, and that Cameron-Cole guidelines and procedures are adhered to. The ideal candidate will have strong project management skills to work with both colleagues and clients.This person should have existing strong client relationships in California, Colorado or Florida, broad experience with environmental-focused projects, as well as project management, regulatory requirements, health & safety, data analysis, report writing, and utilization.Essential job functions include:
- Must have excellent communication with demonstrated advanced report writing skills to prepare project documents in accordance with client requirements and Cameron-Cole guidelines and procedures
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key clients by providing technical expertise, attending client meetings, and leading project developments
- Provide technical oversight on project specific geologic-hydrogeologic interpretations.
- Designs and oversees site investigations.
- Manage assigned projects; including budget tracking, invoice approval, and team management and provides high level consulting and support on assigned projects.
- Participate in the proposal and budget creation process.
- Provide technical direction and oversight as well as mentoring and training to junior-level staff
- Existing strong client relationships in California, Colorado or Florida, Broad experience with environmental-focused projects, Project management, regulatory requirements, health & safety, data analysis, report writing, utilization
The position operates in both a professional office setting and outdoor settings relating to geology fieldwork. Staff should be equally comfortable in both environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear walk, stoop and lift. The employee may spend extended periods of time sitting in front of a computer or laptop. The employee is required have finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Candidates must be willing to work in the field conducting physically rigorous field geologic data collection in a variety of terrain and weather conditions. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Physical and drug screening is required.Education, Certifications, Training, Licenses and Experience
Diversity and respect are fundamental.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Earth Sciences or a related field (Master's preferred)
- Professional registration: Professional Geologist (PG) or Registered Geologist (RG) - California preferred. In absent a license, 5+ years working under a licensed Professional Geologist and on a track for attaining the CA PG license.
- 7+ years with progressive experience in Environmental Services or relevant industry
- Prior management experience, mentoring, training and career development
- OSHA HAZWOPR 40-hour (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response)
- Valid Driver's License
Fundamental to our teams. Fundamental to our clients. Fundamental to the communities we serve and live in. Fundamental to the landscapes we work within. We need you and your unique talents, history, and background to become the Company we aspire to be. We insist upon a culture of common respect, expect transparency, and celebrate the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. Our mutual equality as humans is the path to diverse and innovative collaboration. We cultivate integrity, driving us to growth, and allowing us to achieve more together than we could ever hope to as individuals.
Cameron-Cole offers competitive salaries, great benefits with opportunities for personal and professional development. If you want to work in a collaborative, creative work environment where you can provide meaningful contributions while being challenged to grow on the job, then you are encouraged to apply!