Physicians/Surgeons Internal Number:
Job SummaryLaboratory Medicine at Geisinger is seeking an experienced doctoral-level clinical and molecular microbiologist with state-of-the-science skills to join a combined diagnostic and clinical research team focused on documenting the value of actionable hospital-based microbiology services.
Job DutiesAT A GLANCE:
- The System Director oversees Molecular Microbiology within the Microbial Diagnostics Laboratory and collaborates with two other directors in Clinical Microbiology
- Responsibilities include clinical, operational, quality, regulatory, and financial success for 9 hospital laboratories throughout PA
- Partners with the Microbial Diagnostics and Innovation Center, a successful national clinical research model for adult and pediatric infectious disease diagnostics, clinical decision support, population health, precision medicine, and value-based care
- Interactive and effective communication skills, leadership, experience with competing priorities, strategic thinking, and an understanding of group performance dynamics are critical to the position
- Participation in daily clinical interaction with healthcare providers and staff is expected, as is support and development of the system's evidence-based healthcare initiatives
- Academic appointment in the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine is optional; current teaching programs in clinical microbiology include medical and graduate students, residents, fellows, clinical laboratory scientists, and allied health professionals
- Experience in molecular methods, including molecular assay design and metagenomics
- Experience in test development, laboratory informatics, bioinformatics, and analytics
- Understanding of proteomic and phenotypic microbiological methods
- Understanding of clinical and business strategies for molecular microbiology
- Experience performing clinical trials and investigator-initiated clinical research
- An MBA, MHA, MPH, or population health degree is desirable
- Qualification or eligibility as a Laboratory Director under CAP and CLIA is required with experience in a CAP-accredited or equivalent clinical environment
- Educational requirements include 1) a PhD in a biological, chemical, or molecular science with ABMM board certification or eligibility, or 2) an MD/DO with board certification or eligibility in clinical pathology and microbiology
EducationDoctoral Degree- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs About Geisinger At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve - like our Fresh FoodFarmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencingprograms, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it's no wonder we're ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 1 ... Show more Show less Connections working at Geisinger More Jobs from This Employer