We are seeking an Environmental Planner/Project Manager - Aviation
to join Ricondo's team of talented aviation consultants in our Chicago headquarters. Ricondo team members are passionate about working alongside airport management to solve the complex issues facing the aviation industry today. Our team provides strategic planning services to airports around the world, including operational and physical planning, master planning, environmental reviews, and business advisory services. As a Managing Consultant
, you will work independently and will collaborate with our diverse team to address environmental and regulatory issues associated with airport infrastructure project development and operation. No two airports are the same and no two projects are alike, so if you are a problem solver and lifelong learner, join our team and grow with us.
The ideal candidate for this Managing Consultant position will have several years of experience preparing environmental review documentation pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and/or the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for airport projects. Aviation experience and familiarity with the Federal Aviation Administration's Orders implementing NEPA are required.Core Responsibilities
- Define project approach and guide research and analyses to formulate effective findings and recommendations; analyze policy and technical issues; and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
- Prepare, direct preparation of, and review Environmental Assessments, sections of Environmental Impact Statements, other reports, and presentations, including text, tables, charts, and exhibits based on technical reports, research, and regulatory guidance.
- Lead meetings with airport clients, regulatory agencies, community leaders, the public, and others to present findings and recommendations and solicit feedback to support decision-making.
- Manage project implementation, including scope, fee, schedule, staff resources, invoicing, and reporting.
- Promote development of junior staff through on-the-job training and mentoring.
- Bachelor's degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for environmental planning, such as environmental studies, environmental policy, urban planning, environmental engineering, geography, biology.
- 5-10 years of experience preparing NEPA and/or CEQA documents for airport projects.
- 5 years of experience in the aviation industry.
- Experience providing or working with consulting services.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
Additional Preferred Technical Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of airport setting and complexities associated with airport planning projects and associated environmental processing, requirements, including FAA orders implementing NEPA and/or California regulations implementing CEQA.
- Ability to apply principles of environmental processing to support large and complex airport development projects.
- Experience (or familiarity) with analytic techniques and related tools, such as statistical, spreadsheet noise and emissions modeling, FAA's Aviation Environmental Design Tool.
- Master's degree in a field that provides strong foundation planning, such as Environmental Studies, Environmental Policy, Urban Planning, Environmental Engineering, Geography, Biology.
- Working knowledge of FAA planning and design guidance.
- Experience (or familiarity) with research techniques, computer applications, sources of current aviation industry information, and statistical methods pertaining to planning functions including spreadsheet, database, and graphic programs.
- Ability to initiate, plan, organize, direct, and coordinate, with various levels of project managers and technical staff.
- Ability to express ideas and information, clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relations with supervisors, fellow employees, and officials of other agencies.
Competitive Benefits Package
- Self-motivated: use initiative to identify creative and technically sound solutions.
- Detail-oriented: in analytic and technical writing assignments, especially ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences and to edit for consistency and grammar.
- Proactive and effective communicator: excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills to coordinate with teams and clients.
- Highly organized: plan and prioritize work assignments for yourself and team members, and ability to manage concurrent projects with different teams.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match depending on company performance
- 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Generous paid time-off program for sick leave and vacation time
- Company-paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Professional certification, licensure, and association membership funding
- Professional conferences and seminars
- On-demand access to training (Cornerstone eLearning)
- Internal workshops and webinars
- Short- and long-term disability insurance coverage
- Life insurance (survivor benefits)
- Team member referral bonus program
- Flexible spend accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Transit commuter benefit (based upon location)
Ricondo has served the aviation industry for over 30 years. Our team of nearly 160 consultants represent the brightest and most well-respected professionals in aviation today, working together to meet our clients' needs with ideas, expertise, and transformative solutions. Advance your career with our talented team and help shape the built airport environment.
We strive to be a responsible business-one that adheres to high legal, moral, and ethical professional standards. Our pride is our people, as evidenced by our extremely competitive benefits. We are committed to equality and diversity, cross-disciplinary training, and staff development. We emphasize quality and accountability in a respectful, collaborative, and congenial environment.
Ricondo is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.