CohnReznick is looking for an i nfluential market facing Managing Director to lead the firm's Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) strategy and service offerings. This individual will be expected to identify new business opportunities and new/emerging markets, seek new ways to reach existing, as well as new/future markets, identify new partnerships, and engage in pre-positioning with potential clients.
The Managing Director will play a key role in developing the firm's go-to-market strategy, programs, initiatives, and service offerings related to ESG within the Global Consulting Solutions Practice, developing a pipeline related to ESG opportunities, winning ESG-related work, leading the execution of ESG-related engagements, and assisting the firm's leadership team with internal ESG initiatives.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience in the areas of ESG, corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and related topics, to help clients achieve their ESG objectives throughout all aspects of ESG program management (e.g., assessments, program design, implementation, validation, reporting, etc.).
The Managing Director will provide oversight, direction, and program management across CohnReznick to support the evolution of ESG. This position reports directly to the Global Consulting Solutions (GCS) Managing Partner.
This role can be based in one of our CohnReznick offices, or the role can be virtual. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
You will need:
- Assist in the development of the firm's go-to-market strategy related to ESG
- Drive ESG thought leadership and education internally and externally
- Identify key client business issues, determine client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluate and validate analysis and develop recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement
- Lead large, complex engagements and implement and oversee the quality of the deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance
- Lead in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies, and participate in thought leadership events and opportunities
- Contribute to the growth and development of team members through active feedback and contribution to performance assessments
- Lead winning work cycle for ESG Team, including positioning to win with clients, and providing oversight of the preparation of winning proposals, and development of long-term client relationships
- With other CohnReznick teams, identify key clients and pursuits for ESG and develop and execute/support clients and pursuits plans
- Serve as engagement leader related to ESG engagements and primary point of contact with regard to partnerships with other vendors and firms that specialize in specific aspects of ESG
- Assess and understand new ESG related requirements (regulations and standards) and assisting in the implementation of those requirements.
- Develop innovative solutions that require application of practical knowledge, experience, and creativity
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other practice leaders and industry leaders involved in ESG engagement delivery
- Use data-driven techniques to identify and evaluate trends
- Manage client projects and focus on delivery of solution focused initiatives; Ensure projects remain on scope, schedule and budget
- Meet and lead clients in the private industry space
- Lead growth and revenue tracking for the ESG teams
- Bachelors degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- 10 to 15+ years' experience in sustainability/ESG Advisory services
- Working knowledge of Sustainability, Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
- Strong understanding of overlap and inter-relationship of ESG strategies with enterprise risk management, ethics and compliance risk management, data, financial reporting and other related services
- Demonstrated track record of recruiting, training, developing and retaining top talent
- Significant experience in a consulting environment or managing teams in an operating environment; in either scenario, experience focused on Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Strategic Planning, Growth Strategy, Commercial Strategy, and Business Transformation
- Experience leading and delivering engagements with resources in multiple locations
- Deep understanding of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) topics, including climate change and decarbonization, social strategy, governance and sustainability as well as familiarity with ESG rating agencies
- Ability to define trends across industries and articulate their impact to clients' business and strategic choices, particularly as it relates to social impact / purpose-driven focus areas and opportunities for innovation
- Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills as well as strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Experience working with senior executives crafting and implementing strategies for growth and margin improvement at the corporate, business, or product level
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and oral and written communication skills; outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work independently; ability to influence others and lead teams focused on specific work streams of large projects
- Ability to travel and to be present in CohnReznick offices for team building purposes, as needed
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.