Clarke the leading provider of solutions for the aquatic habitat management and mosquito control industries is seeking to hire an Associate Biologist
to support the development and registration of the most innovative products in the mosquito control industry.
This position is perfect for someone with a passion for science, a desire to work with a first class team, and a calling to make a difference in the world
!WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
You will be part of a small team of extraordinary scientists developing innovative and environmentally responsible products that are used in both the U.S. and global markets to control mosquitoes and reduce the risk of mosquito borne disease. Your primary responsibilities will include working in a laboratory environment conducting bioassays and product efficacy tests to support product formulation development. You will work closely with both lab and field scientists to develop new protocols and methodologies to control or understand mosquito behavior. You can expect to spend some time in the field participating in field trials that are required for new product registration. Field trial activity may include overnight travel and working in hot and humid conditions conducive to mosquito populations and activity.
This position offers a competitive salary
and a comprehensive benefit package
that will include bonus, health insurance, 401k plan, tuition assistance, and a very generous holiday and paid time off package. ABOUT CLARKE
Clarke lives up to the Company's mission to make communities more livable, safe and comfortable. We are a global public health products and services Company that pioneers, develops, and delivers environmentally responsible aquatic services and mosquito control solutions to create healthy waterways, control nuisances and prevent disease.
We are looking for coworkers who are passionate about sustainable living, caring for our planet and other people. We value the hard work and time that our team puts in, and have not forgotten that without them, we could not be successful. QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE
ARE YOU READY?
- At a minimum, a bachelor's degree in entomology, biology, environmental science or similar field. A Master's degree in a relevant field of study is a plus but is not mandatory.
- At least 1 year of relevant lab experience. Relevant experience should include working with insects - i.e. research on insects, supporting the development of insecticides or pesticides, or working in a mosquito surveillance lab.
- Experience with biological research techniques, statistical analysis, and a working knowledge of chemistry and general laboratory procedures.
- Computer proficiency and aptitude related to data collection and interpretation, report writing and presentation.
- Highly organized, self-starter, with ability to work independently, think critically, and to apply learnings in the development of skills, competencies, and contributions to team.
If you are excited about what you've read and feel that you are right for this role, please submit your resume and relevant information.
Be sure to check out our website (www.clarke.com) to learn more about how Clarke is helping to make the world more livable, safe & comfortable.
Clarke is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Job Posted by ApplicantPro