HEPACO is the premier environmental and emergency services company in the Eastern United States with coverage across 45+ regional locations. We specialize in emergency response, remediation, and industrial, marine, and waste services. HEPACO services a multitude of industries including transportation, utilities, energy, environmental consultants, industrial facilities, terminals, environmental service companies, general contractors, property owners, and the public sector through our Environmental and Remediation Services divisions.
Our distinction is our strong focus on quality, safety, and customer service. Throughout our history, HEPACO personnel have led the industry with new methods and approaches. Our motivated team consistently exceeds industry standards in all aspects of our work. We offer state-of-the-art remediation technologies, equipment, and a staff dedicated to a unique standard of excellence in environmental cleanup.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated self-starter who will be responsible for all aspects of assisting project managers with assigned cases. You'll assist with remediation system installations and feasibility studies, data reduction, data analysis, and report preparation. You will also play an important role in ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget, following company policies and quality standards.
- Must be willing and able to prepare bids and proposals as necessary.
- Must be available to work additional hours as needed, including periods of time outside of the local area.
- Must be willing to work outside, exposed to the elements, including during inclement weather. Will carry a pager or cell phone and accept calls as required, including over weekends and holidays.
- Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site specific safety plans when performing cleanup activities and donning protective gear
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles, trailers and watercraft
- Perform physical labor associated with cleanup activities, sample collection, waste removal and other remediation services
- Operate routinely used tools and equipment to include, but not limited to steam cleaners, water lasers, cascade systems, chemical mixers, generators, air saws, drills, grinders, cutting torches, etc.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or needed repairs to supervisor
- Warehouse maintenance, stock supplies, building maintenance
- Complete required paperwork, forms and records as required
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
Skills & Qualifications
- BS in Geology, Engineering, or Environmental Science preferred. Equivalent experience considered.
- Successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong math and analytical skills, knowledge of environmental regulations.
- Must be computer literate and have the ability to utilize reference materials, including the internet. Proficiency in Microsoft 365 productivity suite required - particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision. HAZWOPER 40 hour and confined space entry preferred.
- A pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and physical exam are required.
Be a part of the HEPACO Difference!
- Weekly pay, competitive PTO program and company-paid holidays
- Opportunity for overtime and emergency response premium pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurance options
- 401k plan with company matching contributions
- Wellness benefits and