, we are each driven by our own purposes and aspirations. We are encouraged to develop our own unique skills while also growing our business. For some, it's envisioning the lives of tribal ancestors as told by the artifacts uncovered on their lands. For others, there's no greater meaning than being in the field collecting data on flora or fauna. For our engineers and architects, it may be the pride in seeing a design come to life or solving a complex problem while navigating the complexities of environmental and permitting requirements. What unites us all, however, is our commitment to our clients and to each other.
As a100% employee-owned company with over 200 employees across 4 states, Westland is large enough to provide a wide range of opportunities for career growth yet nimble enough for you to forge a unique business and professional path. We pride ourselves on an inclusive environment where talented and creative individuals work together on unique and inspiring projects, bringing innovative solutions to our clients. Make a difference with us at WestLand!WestLand
is actively seeking a Senior Environmental Project Manager to be based out of either our Bothell, WA office or our Portland, OR office. This person will be highly motivated and will understand the challenges of developing an environmental program in a new region. If this sounds like you, you will be called upon to help develop and grow WestLand's environmental presence throughout the Pacific Northwest. You will have established relationships with local regulatory agencies, you will already have clientele in the area that you can engage with, and you are comfortable building connections with prospective clients.
What will I be doing?
- Developing and managing project scopes, schedules, and budgets in alignment with clients and firms needs
- Managing project progress using project management software. Experience with Deltek VantagePoint considered an asset.
- Conducting and/or directing project specific research
- Writing and/or supervising the writing of project reports
- Reviewing reports for accuracy and adherence to agency guidelines
- Scheduling project resources and ensure projects are staffed appropriately
- Training and mentoring of junior staff in field activities and in developing research & compliance documents.
- Interacting with environmental compliance agencies and other government bodies.
- Maintaining regular and productive communication with current clients
- Sourcing and developing new clientele.
What qualifications are required for this role?
- A bachelor's degree in natural resources, environmental science, geology, soil science, or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience with the environmental permitting of projects, including National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404, Endangered Species Act (ESA), State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA), Oregon Goal 5, the Oregon Environmental Protection Act and other similar state and local environmental regulations.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience managing projects of increasing complexity.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with a range of diverse clients and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex projects in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exemplary communication skills (written and oral)
What does WestLand offer you?
- Industry leading compensation and benefits plans that are designed to help meet your needs. Flexible work schedules and remote/hybrid options are available for most roles and your years of industry experience are recognized when calculating your PTO.
- A multidisciplinary environment where projects are unique, creative, and challenging! A place where you can develop your own vision of clientele and projects, and where you get to work with our industry leaders daily!
- An environment where you are set up for success! With two-way mentorship, financial incentives to publish your work, and tuition reimbursement for ongoing educational support, we have you covered! In addition, WestLand has developed a career-path structure to assist you in reaching those next steps in your career!
- An opportunity to be an employee/owner of a company that cares about our people, our communities, and our future. WestLand has a longstanding history of working with local government and tribes to provide respectful cultural and environmental services to our clients.
- A collaborative work environment where information and ideas are shared across teams. Communication is clear and comes often. And our diversity of people and cultures means everyone always feels welcome at WestLand!
is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about WestLand, visit our website at www.WestLandresources.com
To apply, visit Westland Jobs
Resumes submitted by a recruiting/staffing agency without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of WestLand. Any recruiting/staffing agency wishing to do business with WestLand must contact the Human Resources Department through our website. Recruiting/staffing agents may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration. Job Posted by ApplicantPro