Job DescriptionLocation: Phoenix, AZTitle: Archaeologist Technician ISchedule (FT/PT): FTTravel Required: As NeededClearance: Ability to Obtain
Incorporated in 2011, North Wind Resource Consulting's core capabilities include environmental documentation and permitting; natural and cultural resource surveys; wildlife and botanical expertise; National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) technical services; historic and prehistoric surveys; environmental consultation such as Section 106 for cultural resources, Section 404 for wetlands, and Section 7 for endangered species); and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and mapping capabilities. North Wind Resource Consulting maintains offices across the country.Job Description
The Archaeologist Technician I is an entry level position that will be providing in-field and clerical support for projects located within the greater Phoenix area, and across Arizona. The Archaeologist Technician I should have previous experience with Class III archaeological surveys, monitoring, or testing projects. Required experience will include artifact identification, in-field documentation, and site recording knowledge. Additional aspects of the Archaeologist Technician I position include:
- Assisting a higher-level Crew Chief or Field Director with survey documentation
- Follow North Wind established field protocols
- Possess experience in southwest archaeology and is familiar with agency's site recording standards for Arizona
- Assist with (a) collecting data using GPS units (i.e. Trimble, Garmin, and/or IOS Field Collector), (b) taking photographs of project area, project activities, and artifacts (c) artifact/feature identification
- Collect artifact/feature descriptions
- Drive daily to project areas in Arizona using North Wind vehicle
- Maintain both North Wind and project-specific safety awareness and practices at all times
- Regular communication with North Wind Project Manager, Field Director, and Line Supervisor
- Participation in North Wind training
- Possess a strong work ethic with a developed and mature understanding of professionalism
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability and willing to travel to various field locations, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, across rugged terrain
- Ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds
- Willing to work irregular hours (e.g., early mornings, late nights, weekends)
- Willing and ability to work in a dynamic setting, and to consistently enact high performance standards and a strong work and team ethic in support of the goals and objectives of North Wind's commitment to gathering high quality in-field data.
- Experience in and willingness to work in inclement conditions (i.e. very hot, windy, sunny without shade)
- Ability and willingness to travel to project area
- Must pass pre-employment background check
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
- Must possess a valid driver's license with all necessary endorsements
- Must be able, by reason of experience, training, or both, to operate a 4-wheel high clearance North Wind vehicle (i.e. truck and/or jeep) to complete the work task(s)
- Applicants are required to have REAL ID ACT compliant documentation at time of hire and nothing on record that would prohibit you from employment on federal government contracts
- This position requires long periods of walking, climbing, standing, stooping, kneeling, and bending for periods of up to 10-12 hours per day.
- Frequent carrying of a backpack with equipment of up to 30 lbs. on across uneven terrain.
- Work will be performed strictly outdoors in rapidly changing environments to include all types of weather conditions to include extreme heat or cold environments, traverse uneven terrain.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Proof of citizenship will be required as a condition of employment.