Job DescriptionStaff Scientist, Translational Biology and Bioanalytical
Founded in 2008, Selecta Biosciences is leveraging its ImmTOR® platform to bring hope to the over 24 million Americans suffering from autoimmune disease daily. ImmTOR and ImmTOR-IL (our next generation immunotherapy platform) have the potential to restore the body's natural self-tolerance in autoimmune diseases, amplify the efficacy of biologic therapies and unlock the true potential of life-saving gene therapies.
To support our ambitious pursuits, the Staff Scientist, Translational Biology and Bioanalytical will participate on project teams to define and execute bioanalytical and biomarker strategies using LC/MS and other technical platforms. They will contribute to the expansion of the bioanalytical assay portfolio to align with multiple preclinical and clinical program needs, based on the company's proprietary synthetic nanoparticle technology focused on immune tolerance, ImmTOR.Principal Duties/Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Translational Biology and Bioanalytical, the Scientist will lead project specific activities to establish bioanalytical, quantitative, and pharmacodynamically relevant biomarker assays, providing nonclinical and clinical endpoint data for drug candidates.
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Manage the release of timely and accurate data per project responsibilities and group priorities.
- Develop assays and conduct sample analysis.
- Mentor fellow team members in assay design, implementation, troubleshooting, and sample analysis.
- Oversee assay transfer, assay validation and sample analyses at CROs.
- Critical data analysis and effective data presentation across various technical platforms.
- Possess excellent documentation skills, maintaining complete, accurate and timely records in notebooks and contributing to reports and publications.
- Contribute to transparent and reliable cross-functional collaboration.
- Degree in Biochemistry, Immunology or related field, a M.S with at least 8 years of relevant industry experience or a PhD. with 5 to 7 years of industry experience.
- Expertise in developing and running LC/MS and hybrid LC/MS assays.
- Must be comfortable overseeing development of assays on other analytical platforms such as ligand binding and enzymatic assays.
- Must have solid knowledge of regulatory expectations for bioanalytical and biomarker assays.
- Experience in GLP validation of assays and GLP sample analysis is required.
- Excellent attention to details, critical thinking, and data interpretation.
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines and in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills.
The position requires hands-on work setting up and operating equipment in an R&D laboratory. An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to Selecta's policies, rules and regulations is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee handles hazardous chemicals in the laboratory. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, shoes, and lab coat. Position may require extended periods of standing.
Selecta is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer of Minorities, Females, Disabled Individuals, and Veterans (M/F/D/V).