Job DescriptionSalary: ABOUT AIR PROTEIN
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before! Air Protein™ is on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make meat. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the air.
Air Protein is a modern food company, crafting the world's first air-based meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet's resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It's where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. Air Protein uses less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to help combat climate change and working toward addressing the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive benefits and total compensation plans and a collaborative company culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more, changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a breath.
Air Protein is funded by ADM, a world leader in fermentation technology, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Barclays, one of the world's leading financial institutions.Check us out in the media, news, and in the community:
ABOUT THE JOBThis role is actively responsible to:
- Forbes: The Meatless Mafia: Four Companies Revolutionizing the Future of Food
- World Economic Forum: Air Protein Named WEF Technology Pioneer
- TED Talk: A forgotten Space Age Technology Could Change How We Grow Food
- Bloomberg: Crop Trader ADM Pours Money Into Firm Making Meat Out of Air
- Identify, develop, validate, and execute methods associated with metabolite, protein and food analytical chemistry.
- Work closely with other departments (strain development, bioprocessing, protein science and product development) to prepare and analyze samples and to effectively interpret, manage, and present data.
- Extract and quantify metabolites and other molecules from varieties of complex matrices including cellular biomass, protein mixtures, and meat products and establish SOPs for such procedures.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair instruments.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in chemistry, biochemistry, food science or similar field with a focus on analytical methods.
- 1 to 8 years of relevant (non-academic) industry experience working in analytical chemistry labs, respectively.
- Hands-on familiarity with analytical chemistry equipment such as LCMS, HPLC, IC, GC-O/MS, SPME-GCMS, GC-FID, Raman, FTIR and ATKA.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and able to uphold a high degree of scientific rigor.
- Effective communicator with an ability to thrive in collaborative, diverse, and fast-paced environments.
- Understanding of chemistry concepts, QA/QC, and product quality and safety requirements especially as they pertain to food.
ABOUT OUR PURPOSEWhy we exist:
- Prior experience working on food product development; experience working on meat products a plus.
To accelerate the world's transition to climate and rainforest-friendly meatWhat we do:
We make nutritious meat using the most sustainable protein on the planetOur Values:
- Protect people & the planet
- Play as a team and have a growth mindset
- Do what you say you will do
- Be the change you seek
- Create a culture of belonging