Versar is seeking an Environmental Scientist. This position will involve addressing topics related to evaluating exposures and risks associated with toxic chemicals, pesticides, and food safety. Duties will involve coordinating, compiling, and analyzing environmental and exposure data, developing databases and models, generating quality assurance plans, preparing technical documents, conducting/coordinating government peer reviews and presenting key findings to clients. The successful candidate may also support additional projects, as needed, which may include fate and transport modeling of contaminants in air, water, or other media; exposure modeling and risk assessment; scientific peer review; and other field and office-related tasks. Occasional travel may be required. The candidate's workplace can be remotely from any part of the United States.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree is required in environmental science or environmental or chemical engineering or a related field (chemistry, biology, toxicology, or public health). A Master's degree in the above categories is preferred and can substitute for up to 2 years of working experience
- 2-4 years of working experience in the field of environmental engineering/science and/or environmental consulting.
- Experience with Federal clients is preferred.
- An educational background or working familiarity with the following is required: environmental exposure and risk assessment; fate and transport analysis, modeling tools for toxic chemicals or pesticides; food safety; and environmental meeting facilitation.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and capable of obtaining government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC).
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and ability to conduct data analysis (including statistical analyses) in Microsoft Excel and/or Access.
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Versar is a Federal Contractor, in accordance with the Executive Order (EO) 14042 on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, Versar has adopted a Policy to comply with the Vaccine Mandate
that all employees be vaccinated to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID 19.