Title: Research Associate I (molecular biology, cell biology, genomics)
Location: MA; Cambridge
Duration: 12 months Contract
9am to 5pm M-F
/Precision Medicine and Computation Biology - JOB DESCRIPTION
Summary of key responsibilities
• Independently run biological experiments, including analyzing and interpreting results and championing creativity and innovation
• Collaborate with senior researcher(s) to develop and execute existing and completely novel cell-based assays to identify, validate, and translate high-value targets in diverse clinical indications
• Explore, implement, and master new techniques and approaches
• Collaborate with other groups in Precision Medicine & Computation Biology and Therapeutic Area partners and help the group champion projects from discovery to early clinical development
• Communicate ideas and results to internal and external parties in verbal, written, and presentation formats, when appropriate
• B.S. (with 2 years' experience) OR M.S. in molecular biology, cell biology or related field is required.
• Hands-on experience with one or more laboratory skill set (molecular biology, cell biology, genomics)
• Demonstrated experience with mammalian cell culture and cellular assays
• Experience with molecular and biochemical assays, including PCR/qPCR/qRT-PCR/NGS, western blot, flow cytometer, etc.
• Ability to analyze and communicate complex data sets and science in a clear and concise manner through written or oral communications
• Instinctive team player with excellent interpersonal skills and great attention to detail
• Self-motivated and driven to learn
• Familiar with gene-editing tools, such as CRISPR-Cas9
• Prior experience designing, validating, and optimizing cell-based assays
• Established publication record
Company DescriptionWe place top talent through our divisions: Technology, Staffing, Professionals, Talent Digitalization, and Pyramid Academy. Our flexible staffing options include contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, and SOW/Statement of Work. We deliver top talent to our clients by combining the use of the latest technology with the subject-matter expertise that our seasoned team of recruiters brings to the process. With the integration of smart sourcing tools, machine learning, and AI/Artificial Intelligence into our screening process across the organization; we evaluate a large volume of candidates to find the most suitable talent.