Job Description1300257Senior Research Associate, Cell Biologist, Pre-Clinical NGS
As a Senior Research Associate, you will support the characterization and quantitation of gene editing events using high throughput next-generation sequencing (NGS). You will be a part of the Pre-clinical NGS Platform team, focused on genomic characterization assays for regulatory packages and clinical programs with expertise in tissue culture and work in a high throughput environment. Main responsibilities include:
- Conduct routine cell culture work including cryovial recovery, plating, maintenance and collection of primary cells and immortalized cell lines.
- Execute SOP driven cell plating and dosing workflows to support in vitro on-/off- target editing characterization for regulatory filings.
- Execute various molecular and cell-based assays including nucleic acid isolation, PCR, qPCR etc.
- Conduct experiments both independently and in collaboration with colleagues to meet deadlines
- Accurately document project and sample information, protocols, and experimental details through the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN).
We are looking for a candidate with a BS/MS in Cell Biology or related discipline, with >2 years relevant experience in an academic or industrial setting. If you have strong communications skills (written and oral), coupled with exceptional time management skills, attention to detail, and a team-centric attitude - We encourage you to apply!
Meet your future team:
- Experience with mammalian cell culture (adherent and suspension) and aseptic techniques is required
- Experience with primary hepatocytes culture and transfection is desired.
- Experience with DNA/RNA extraction from cultured cells and tissues from in vivo study is required.
- Experience with PCR, ddPCR, RT-qPCR and ELISA is preferred.
- Experience with liquid handling platforms (preferably Hamilton) is a plus.
- Proficient in writing and following SOPs.
- Knowledge of CRISPR gene editing approaches and NGS is a plus.
- Familiarity with programs such as GraphPad Prism for data entry and analysis is a plus.
The Genomics team is a fun, energetic, and passionate group of individuals, who are focused on pre-clinical NGS data support for IND or CTA packages. This hiring manager oversees regulatory data generation. Given the breadth of work on this team, the candidate will have the opportunity to explore a wide range of areas within the Automation, Engineering, Genomics, Informatics, and Screening (AEGIS) group.
The team is currently working mostly onsite to execute NGS workflows in a wet-lab environment. Therefore, we require a candidate to be currently local to Cambridge MA, or open to relocating. While much of the day-to-day operations require managing wet-lab work, our team is focused on building not just technical expertise but fostering an environment for the growth of scientists interested in a career in RNA-biotech. If you join our team, you can expect to join a hardworking, collaborative but flexible environment. We look forward to fostering your skills, learning from your experiences, and building a larger team that will make a difference in patients' lives.