Every day, we set out to change the way the world views waste and how each of us powers our lives. We are committed to reducing on-farm and food-generated greenhouse gas emissions from waste by as much as 95 percent and recycling organic waste into a powerful source of renewable energy and low-carbon fertilizer. We work alongside farms to manage manure, enhance regenerative agriculture practices, improve soil health, protect watersheds, and support herd wellness. Our Farm Powered Strategic Alliance with major food manufacturers and retailers, dairy organizations, and farms provide a path to decarbonization for our partners and a measurable impact in combating climate change.
The Organics Analyst will conduct research, order and interpret tests, and assess data, documents, and findings for Farm Powered Strategic Alliance (FPSA) members/prospects which support the national expansion of on-farm anaerobic digestion projects.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for analyzing and assessing new market feedstock opportunities for FPSA.
- Assist in future market feedstock analyses. Manage facility waste intelligence database to help determine market development.
- Manages the analysis of a variety of food waste samples from multiple waste streams and locations to determine viability for anaerobic digestion.
- Conduct basic analyses, including COD, Total Solids, TKN, Total Organic Carbon, Sulfide Content, etc.
- Works closely with operations and biology teams to optimize sampling and testing procedures.
- Records result in an organized and efficient manner.
- Documents and reports procedures and results internally.
- Documents and discusses results with FPSA member/prospect
- Ability to work independently.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an analytical laboratory setting.
- Valid driver's license.
- Experience in laboratory and field settings.
- Willingness to be based full-time in Massachusetts.
- Ability to travel as needed.
What We Offer
- Experience in food or beverage manufacturing facility
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of operational and safety best practices
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to new situations quickly and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Hybrid work schedule
- Employer health care, vision, and wellness benefits.
- Annual incentive Bonus Opportunity in addition to base salary.
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Job Type: Full Time
- Phone Expense Reimbursement
Vanguard Renewables is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Vanguard has a vaccine mandate in place for all employees and an Offer of Employment is conditional based on your ability to provide written documentation that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID 19.
Powered by JazzHR