Job DescriptionGlobal Environmental Leader Greater Columbus, OHCompetitive Compensation and Benefits Package
TheGlobal Environmental Leader
will be responsible for creating the strategy to minimize environmental impacts, ensuring global environmental compliance, and implementing best practices. Global Environmental Leader Responsibilities:
Global Environmental Leader Qualifications:
- Lead the development of the Environmental strategy.
- Deliver zero environmental nonconformities.
- Compliance and deployment of Environmental Management Systems, ensuring alignment with corporate EHS policy.
- Environmental Regulatory Compliance
- Footprint Reduction/Sustainability goals
- Demonstrate performance by leveraging metrics and analyzing business strengths, weaknesses, and risks to drive action, leverage continuous improvement tools to accelerate performance, and tracking regulatory trends and changes.
- Partner with operations and business leaders to align on environmental requirements to meet business objectives.
- Identify current and emerging risks and provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Develop clear and measurable expectations of environmental performance. Establish, communicate, and review commitments on a regular basis to ensure milestones are achieved.
- Lead the strategic environmental capital planning process.
- Lead the environmental budgeting process.
- Manage permitting agency communications in collaboration with Environmental and Regulatory Law and Regional Leaders.
- Lead talent management & development, including organizational design, employee growth & development, succession planning, and performance coaching/mentoring.
- Invest in growth and development of direct reports and other emerging EHS talent in their organization.
- B.S. in Environmental Science/Engineering or related field; Masters preferred
- 10+ years of experience serving as an environmental manager, technical resource, program specialist, or program manager
- Proven ability to lead and influence change in a highly matrixed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Experience implementing and maintaining an Environmental Management System
- Experience working in a mature ISO 14000 Environmental Management System environment
- Experience working with external parties including suppliers and regulatory authorities strongly preferred