Precigen is seeking a highly motivated and creative Scientist
(level determined by candidate experience) with experience in T cell biology, chimeric antigen receptor generation (CARs) and CAR T cell analysis to join Precigen's ImmunoOncology Department in Germantown, Maryland. ImmunoOncology is a rapidly growing and exciting area of cancer therapy, with the promise to revolutionize the way patients are treated. The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of T cell biology and immunotherapy.
Upon hire to this position Precigen will require documentation of a COVID-19 vaccination or exemption for medical or religious reasons. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Apply expertise in T cell immunology and molecular biology to lead and influence projects within the development of Precigen's product portfolio.
- Plan the evaluation strategy and conduct the in vitro studies with human T cells for functional testing
- Plan, perform and assess novel adoptive T cell therapies anti-tumor activity in relevant in vivo murine models.
- Clear communication in both oral and written form.
- Manage timelines and deliverables.
- Develop reports for various projects.
- Supervise research associates.
- Utilization of appropriate technology, i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, and other programs to create and distribute reports and key information.
- Coordination of parallel tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization.
- Interpret and effectively execute upon a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
- Self-motivated and independently minded.
- Positive interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals from a variety of levels and function.
- Self-organizer, meticulous hands-on habits, keen attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Responsive, can-do attitude.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Ph.D. in immunology, cellular and/or tumor biology or a closely related field.
- Strong background in cancer immunotherapy or the biology of the tumor microenvironment, human immunology and experience working with engineered T-cells strongly preferred.
- Five (5) or more year's post-doctoral experience, industry experience a plus.
- Direct hands on experience with generating and analyzing chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells function
- Must have experience in flow cytometry and fluorescence activated cell sorting (FACS), immune cell phenotyping of immune cell subsets; experience with human immune cells is preferred
- Experience designing and developing primary immune cell assays using key immune cell populations.
- Hands-on expertise in T-cell functional characterization assays including in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, and cytokine/chemokine measurements.
- Expertise in in vitro T-cell isolation and expansion methods.
- Proficient in cell culture aseptic technique.
- Experience in viral and non-viral methods of gene transfer.
- Experience with PK/PD, in vitro T cell assays, including ELISPOT, ELISA, Luminex and flow cytometry read-out.
- Proficient in multi-parameter flow cytometry (panel design, sample acquisition, data processing.)
- Experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques, including but not limited to: PCR, qPCR, cloning and western blot.
- Proficiency in the analysis and understanding of immune cells and molecules.
- Ability to understand and execute on the company's mission and values.
- Maintain a high degree of ethical standard and trustworthiness.
- Capable of fostering change in an organization.
- Deals with conflict in a direct, positive manner.
- Ability to think and adapt to a rapidly changing environment and demands.
- Able to reach rational conclusions through complex processing of information.
- Fosters innovation through creative solutions.
- Effective organization and implementation of group projects.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Energized by accomplishments and excellence in the workplace.
- Capable of high performance in independent work as well as in team setting.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.